The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Floor/ceiling/geometry popping in and out [UPDATE: FIXED!!]

(PSN)disappeared

Hi all!

New to WF and these forums.  Thought I'd drop in and say hi, and what better way to kick off a first post than with a bug report! lol

Just started WF last week (PS4) and it was running fine - no graphical glitches really.  But after the update today, I've noticed floors, ceilings, and geometry completely disappearing momentarily.  It seems to be repeatable.  On the E-Prime map for example I can run back and forth, triggering various pieces of the map to pop in and out. 

So far this has happened on two different areas, Earth and Ceres.

It happens now virtually every playthrough and is extremely distracting.  I captured a couple instances of it:

nxk8Tld.gif

4aBiOZ0.gif

I have a youtube video I could add but I think these two clips get the point across.

Is this a known thing?  If need be I'll re-build my PS4 database.

Anyone else run into this?

Edited by (PS4)disappeared

For what it's worth I completely reinstalled the game and and rebuilt the database, but it is still doing this, so it's clearly something to do with the update yesterday.  

I really hope DE is aware of this.  This is borderline game-breaking. 😞

"game breaking" ? You push too hard. You have a latency graphic and you reinstall your game for that? You have been traumatise by Fallout76.

Map on Warframe are procedural corridor. Each of them are linked from a certain random path. Only corridor are loaded in your memory console. the all map is share between servor and users.
So that why your missing object with a internet latency could do that.

16 hours ago, (PS4)disappeared said:

For what it's worth I completely reinstalled the game and and rebuilt the database, but it is still doing this, so it's clearly something to do with the update yesterday.  

I really hope DE is aware of this.  This is borderline game-breaking. 😞

Yeah, I rebuilt my database too. It's not had any effect.

Kinda concerned that it doesn't seem to be effecting everyone. What's the deal? Is my PS4 dying?

I'm with you on game breaking. It's really distracting. Cetus is a nightmare. The doors weren't even rendering last night. I'm running in water that I can't see.

What do we do?

3 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yeah, I rebuilt my database too. It's not had any effect.

Kinda concerned that it doesn't seem to be effecting everyone. What's the deal? Is my PS4 dying?

Curious as well.  Forgot to mention I'm running the game on the base/slim PS4.  I wonder if the issue is isolated to certain models?

It's all over the place 😞

not just isolated to one or two maps like I originally believed.  Somebody asked in the Twitch chat on the PS4 livestream yesterday about it but it didn't seem like there was a clear answer (which is cool, I know Danielle's not part of the bug department).  

Really hope this gets addressed sooner than later.  Cetus is nigh-broken in its appearance.  The floors vanish half the time and the Plains are just messy with missing trees and water.  Uranus oddly seems the least affected of this bug so far.

More people having the issue and Orb Valis door help alleviate the worry that the issue is my PS4.

Orb Valis door is a funny one. Get the audio of the door opening but the bottom half of the door is still there. I can't walk through the bottom half but I can jump through the gap in the top half. But what's really funky is that if I spin 360 then the door completely disappears and I can walk through. So yeah, I can understand hardware screwing up having issues loading textures but that doesn't account for the physical part of the door still being there until I 360 it out of existence. At least not in my mind.

Anybody watched any ps4 streams or heard anything about a fix for this problem? It's still happening all over the place for me on og ps4, friend has no problems on his og ps4. When I see him on next time I'll try to compare graphics settings and see if something I have turned on or off is making this happen.

Edited by (PS4)danimaltastic

IT'S FIXED!!!

The new update dropped today and I was nervous but it's gone!  No more pop in/pop out!!

Ran around at least a dozen levels on different planets.  Not a hint of it in sight!  Thank you DE! 😍

Awww yiiisssss!!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif