Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Solo Experience So Far

TheSixOfDiamonds

Tasks so far are okay, will edit after the first rotation. Though it is entirely possible to complete 3 in a single mission (which I'm 100% okay with), maybe more.

The rewards look promising, especially thinking of newer players being able to get warframe and weapon slots without plat.

The Wolf himself. Solo... he's nuts. He almost embodies the things I don't like about the game to this point. Allow me to explain:

1) Knockdowns. I do not run "optimal builds" never have, never will, just not my style. I was running what is a fairly tanky loadout. Oberon Prime rage build + Galatine Prime with Life Strike. I have been running Eris to get Axi relics for Mesa Prime, and not really having much trouble with knockdowns. Guessing around 20s of being knocked down or recovering per 20min run (I don't run Handspring on this build, Exlius isn't open yet). The Wolf showed up and I spent what felt like a minute stunlocked. I would about stand up and he'd vacuum me across the room so he or a leaper could knock me down again. Bullet jumping across the room helped buy some time, but only a bit.

2) Damage Reduction. I have taken this Galatine into Sorties and it performs fine, would probably almost melt some bosses. Against the Wolf I might as well have been tickling him. While any infested that got close were cleaved in half, he just kept swinging. I even switched to TIberon Prime to see if that did anything. It didn't, or rather, it did little more, even being built exclusively as an aanti-Grineer weapon (mostly due to a -53% vs Corpus riven effect, but that aside)

And when i encountered The Wolf, he was only level 35, so I know he gets worse from here. Now, I will also admit being a bit weird in the fact that I hate dying, possibly leftover fro the days of 4 revives per day instead of per mission. If this guy is going to replace Alerts, he needs a nerf. He's tankier than a boss, is almost guaranteed to show up at some point (assuming his spawn chances are tied to the story progression). I'm okay with him being tough, but this is nonsense from a "veteran" (4 years?) player who loves to chill in your game.

As far as "damage reduction": he's heavily armored and has Alloy armor, but also immune to both corrosion and slash status to reduce or ignore his armor. So you have to take his armor value head-on instead of playing around it.  Net result:  Radiation damage is the only thing that will really touch him.

12 minutes ago, Momaw said:

As far as "damage reduction": he's heavily armored and has Alloy armor, but also immune to both corrosion and slash status to reduce or ignore his armor. So you have to take his armor value head-on instead of playing around it.  Net result:  Radiation damage is the only thing that will really touch him.

That... is unpleasant. Radiation has been very circumstantial in my experience. I used it once as a general purpose, but it just didn't work. Corrosive worked, and continues to work. Until PoE I rarely used it, because the Corrosive proc offset it. If Radiation is going to be more generally viable, I'm cool with switching my General Purpose stuff from Corrosive+Cold to Rad+Cold. Otherwise... can he please be subject to procs?