Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Mirage must complete with her clones?

Clowee

Is this intentional?

For the new radio objectives, the kills that the doppelgangers rack up is not counting for objectives.  This also isn't the first thing i've noticed this one.  Details below:

On the first map, I managed 125 kills, but only got credit for 50 radio kills for warning shots.  Most of those started racking up after i stopped using Hall of Mirrors.

The second map, I did not use hall of mirrors at all, and completed the objective at the correct amount of kills at 450 kills.

This also happens with the Baticore where it does not charge for kills made by clones.

Also, if you look at damage at the end of the map, its not at all frequent to have 3x more kills than everybody else but the lowest damage % in the group because the clone damage does not appear to be counting towards mirages totals.  Not that I care about this, but the first two items are much more annoying. 

This is a really evident problem when using something like a staticor which is what I tested this with mainly

Edited by Clowee

For many cases, Mirage's clones are an Ability and so don't affect counts that must be completed by the actual Player. It's a long-standing balance thing.

For example, because of it being an Ability, Mirage's Clones do not add to the Melee Combo Counter (the same way that Excalibur's Exalted Blade counts if you hit with the sword, but doesn't count if you hit with the waves, and the same with Baruuk). That's also likely why the Battacor doesn't work, same kind of thing when you're laying down fire from an ability rather than from your actual gun.

When a mission is asking for you to kill a certain number of enemies, it usually doesn't matter, because as long as the enemies die it doesn't matter if your abilities or your weapons killed them.

So it might well be a bug that Mirage's clones don't count for Nightwave kills, but there is a reason for Mirage's clones don't contribute kills for some things already, and it might not be a bug (for some obscure reason) from DE's perspective.

13 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

For many cases, Mirage's clones are an Ability and so don't affect counts that must be completed by the actual Player. It's a long-standing balance thing.

For example, because of it being an Ability, Mirage's Clones do not add to the Melee Combo Counter (the same way that Excalibur's Exalted Blade counts if you hit with the sword, but doesn't count if you hit with the waves, and the same with Baruuk). That's also likely why the Battacor doesn't work, same kind of thing when you're laying down fire from an ability rather than from your actual gun.

When a mission is asking for you to kill a certain number of enemies, it usually doesn't matter, because as long as the enemies die it doesn't matter if your abilities or your weapons killed them.

So it might well be a bug that Mirage's clones don't count for Nightwave kills, but there is a reason for Mirage's clones don't contribute kills for some things already, and it might not be a bug (for some obscure reason) from DE's perspective.

I don't see the balance crisis in this. Maim, Peacemakers, and a bunch of other doomsday level abilities award kills and credit just fine for way less effort to destructive power.  Sure we're comparing a 1 to a 4 ability here, but that doesn't necessarily mean having 3 clones who shoot at the same target you do suddenly makes you a goddess of destruction who needs penalized also.   

Many other frames can just obliterate most of the parts of the map that matter with a single cast of an ability, but Mirage is getting penalized for being able to blow up a swimming pool sized area.  That's not even considering the entire aiming part or the number of formas you need on mirage and the weapon.  I feel like DE is trying to steer people away from the frame because 4 mirages using staticors would probably make them need to raise the minimum requirements again.

11 hours ago, Clowee said:

having 3 clones who shoot at the same target you do suddenly makes you a goddess of destruction who needs penalized also

[Looks at Hall of Mirrors / Synoid Simulor simultaneous nerf, HoM getting the change so that only the two nearest clones to the direction of aim actually fire, and the Simulor getting its damage spread changed so that the merging dots dealt far less damage and the alt-fire detonation caused a little more] Uhh...

Silliness aside... Historically, yes, actually, it did make her an incredible damage dealer beyond the power range of what she should have been capable of and she was nerfed for that.

Think about it another way; why was Melee nerfed so that it could no longer go through solid objects? Because people would hide around a corner and spam Slide Attacks with the Atterax, or a Riven-boosted anything else, in order to trivialise survivals and gain rewards and resources at beyond stupid rates. Mirage used to work especially well with that because her clones give her an incredible radius of attack beyond the balance of what any weapon was able to do, especially as those clones can step through walls and attack from a point where the weapon hits aren't going through a solid object and can just kill things. At some point in the past, DE made the decision that, in that specific case, her clones wouldn't count towards some counters, like the Combo Counter, to prevent abuse.

This is one example, and it's just a reason as to why Mirage's Clones don't count towards certain things.

The current situation, where they don't count towards Nightwave may simply be a glitch. However, the glitch may well be caused by this function being accidentally carried over and DE will have to check which situation is correct.