The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excaliber Prota

(PSN)ShadowFire878528

33 minutes ago, (PS4)ShadowFire878528 said:

DE Should add Excaliber Prota as a new frame with its own quest and ive known dark sector and like the frame has the same abilites as in dark sector

I don't know what you mean by abilities. The only real similarity between Excal and Aiden is the proto-skin. Dark Sector didn't give you any abilities IIRC.

DE have already said that there is no connection between the actual Dark Sector game and Warframe.

Dark Sector, however, was supposed to be very, very different from the game that came out, and many of the original designs from that concept (not actual Dark Sector) are seen in Warframe.

So Proto Excalibur is not a reference to Dark Sector or Hayden Tenno, it's a reference to the Prototype Excalibur that they designed when they hoped to get Warframe off the ground for the first time.

::Edit:: just for fun, this was the original concept for Dark Sector. Note the Aklato pistols, the Lotus symbol on the arm and the surprisingly well-rendered character model, including chunky under-armour that competed easily with Halo 2's renders when they pitched it in 2004 (Halo 2 was released then).

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

So, yeah, while the Proto skin for Excal that we actually got is basically an HD version of the Dark Sector armour that Hayden Tenno gets, the actual truth is that they all came from this, and the original lore for Warframe evolved from this too.

DE were basically forced into making Dark Sector a type of game that they never wanted to make, so while there are plenty of references to it... I can relate to them never wanting to do more than remember that it's something they achieved.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime

4 hours ago, Atsia said:

Dark Sector didn't give you any abilities IIRC

It did, primarily centred around your Glaive. Not only was it controllable in mid air, but it could also become an elemental Glaive by chucking it into said element. This was mostly used for puzzles.

My favourite thing about it however was it's ability to pick up the guns of fallen enemies and fly them back to you. 

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

It did, primarily centred around your Glaive. Not only was it controllable in mid air, but it could also become an elemental Glaive by chucking it into said element. This was mostly used for puzzles.

My favourite thing about it however was it's ability to pick up the guns of fallen enemies and fly them back to you. 

Cool. Still has nothing to do with Excal.

Just now, Atsia said:

Cool. Still has nothing to do with Excal.

I didn't say otherwise?

You said that, to your knowledge, Dark Sector didn't give you any abilities. I provided the information that Hayden did in fact have abilities in Dark Sector. That's all.