Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1 of melee 3.0 removed melee with mouse click?

redbaron11

Question

I know it's only been out for less than a day but the removal of using left click to melee when you've equipped melee weapons or only have a melee weapon is bugging me like mad. Spamming E is fine when you're only doing quick melee with a primary/secondary equipped but when you're specifically equipping a melee weapon it makes movement incredibly awkward.

Is there any kind of setting to fix this? I've tried setting left mouse click to melee but it removes the binding from weapon fire.

(other than this the system is amazing)

Edited by redbaron11

4 answers to this question

Look for this.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

OPTIONS:
We are adding a toggle to preserve one aspect of the older melee system. You will be able to toggle an option, allowing you to continue melee attacks with the left mouse button once in melee mode.

• PC Member
  • 3 posts

I am another one of those people who

- MOSTLY play with a melee weapon and

- have the melee attack keybound to the left mouse button

The problem for me with the new system is I either have to melee via the keyboard (sorry, that doesn't work for me)

or I continue to melee with the mouse, and now my primary FIRE key for primary and 2ndary weapons has to be bound to the keyboard. 

So, yeah, I guess until something changes, I am going to bind my weapon fire to they keyboard, and keep meleeing with the mouse...

NOT THE BEST SOLUTION IMHO 😞

tonyb010ny