Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Levels Are So Repetitive

FreaKk

Hi, its me or all the levels have the same ambient, the missions, the same doors, wall, floors, roof, etc. the only variable are the enemies, all the other stuff its the same in every level, venus, mars, saturn, mercury. i am bored of the levels, besides i dont have stimulation to keep going, because i know that all the levels are the same. its just me?

I have no doubt new environments will be added, and new tiles were recently added to the Grineer set. If you weren't here before, the currently Grineer asteroid maps are pretty new and added a whole new level of fun to certain missions.

yes, but i already pass 15 to 20 mission, and nothing change it, only the enemies, i hope that the final release, have 1 ambient for planet, at least , besides of the tipe of missions only 4 types, in all planets.

explain

explain point 1,

2 i dont think they have an alternative "world" for the official release of the game, perhaps i am wrong.

Procedural map generation means the map you play on is randomly generated from a series of tiles, which is why you see a lot of the same components in the levels. The game's only been out for a few months, and it seems DE wants to add a new tileset every month, so expect more changes.

This has been brought up before, but it looks like the previous topic is buried or removed, so I'll repeat myself here:

The "repetitive levels" are a deliberate choice on the part of the developers. Games like Diablo and Rogue emphasize these "randomly generated dungeon" maps. It is as fundamental to the genre as guns are to FPS. It allows the devs to make multiple levels using limited resources by "recycling" the same environments. To a degree it makes sense; if you are boarding the same kind of ships they will all generally look the same, though the specific layouts may differ. The rooms are specifically designed to be "mixed n matched".

They add variety to these environments (called "tilesets") by adding variables, such as fires that break out on the ship that damage your health, or cryo-damage that causes the ship to be coated in ice, which cuts your shields in half. These give both a gameplay and an aesthetic change of pace. Overall what this allows DE to do is create a solar system worth of level with minimal resources.

Some games are meant to be about exploration - every Zelda dungeon is a unique environment, even action/shooter games like Halo or Mass Effect have a lot of lore about the planets/environments you are in. However, with games like Warframe, it is less about the individual, breath-taking scenery and more about being a badass space ninja. So that is where their time and resources go.

Badass Ninja

yeeeeaaahhhhhh :3

But like he said, gameplay takes precedence and randomized levels means not being limited to like 10 levels in say, a traditional game. Downside is repetition and since this is an early portion of the game, content is limited but it will be expanded as time goes on, in the mean time, try making credz to buy weps and lvl them up so you can go on crazy ninja power trips, speeding through the level while cutting peeps in half, busting headshots everywhere and feeling good. That's what I do :)

2 i dont think they have an alternative "world" for the official release of the game, perhaps i am wrong.

The FAQ clearly states: Will there be more open environments? (I want sky above my head! I want planets and biodomes!)

The next art set is still enclosed, but focusing on rock and terrain. After this we are looking at open sky spots but still in a colonization/scifi context. Biodomes, limited exposures, etc. We are commited to procedural level generation and how it keeps updates small and level building fast and efficient. This means our constraints are like this: if we have an open-to-sky environment in a tileset, eventually it has to connect to a 'join' on another section. Like a canyon choke-point. This means that you won't be running on a massive terrain heightfield with a building dropped down on it like height-field centric games. It will always have a dungeon generation vibe underlying it.

That said, I'm excited to push it way more within these constraints... even the new set (coming soon) has a far better mix of tight enclosures and larger spaces which really help break up the monotony of 'same ceiling height every where I go'.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5898-warframe-faq/

Why is there only one art-set? (You need more content! More enemies! Why aren't there more weapons? I want more!)

Warframe is a self-funded game by an independent studio. The Warframe team size is comparatively small for us. Thanks to the support of our Founders we are ramping up quickly. You are seeing only the tip of the iceberg we have planned. New weapons are going in every week or two. Expect a new location before February. More enemies and Warframes are being made as I type this!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5898-warframe-faq/