Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jupiter junction problem

GrayMerch

i recently made it to the junction between jupiter and ceres, and i think that the difficulty level of the valkyr spectre is far too high, i spent my entire night trying, reworking my mods and trying again but it seems impossible for me to kill the spectre, i even spent two orokin catalysts on my weapons in order to try and beat it which mind you i had to purchase with platinum, i have done everything i possibly can and i simply cannot defeat the spectre because it's damage output is far too high, on top of this the ability to become completely invulnerable makes it impossible for me to defeat her, i have tried using every damage type available to me, i have done countless missions to earn credits just to upgrade my mods but nothing works, i even tried using a build to ignore valkyr's armour and do damage to her health directly but she has such a large health pool that even with fire, toxin, gas or puncture damage i cannot deal enough damage to bring her below half health before i am defeated, the fact that she can grapple me through walls when i am trying to regenerate my shields and with one of her abilities can deal up to 200 damage per attack to my red health and shields makes it impossible to survive her onslaught while trying to defeat her. 
i have gone through many forum posts and so far the only thing i can come up with to possibly defeat her is to completely discard my current warframe and level a different warframe up to level 30 and try again, even then i saw many comments saying that even with the recommended warframe it is still extremely difficult.

i believe that the difficulty of this spectre should be nerfed, it doesn't need to become easy to beat or anything, i just feel that it defeats the point of the game if i have to equip a warframe that i dislike and would need to grind for just to progress in the main story, i feel that either lowering her health roughly by half while leaving her shields as they are would make the fight feel more fair, alternatively lowering her damage output so she can't completely body the player in three seconds after using her ability would also make the fight more do-able, again i don't believe the fight should be easy, this is a pivotal moment where you are about to unlock the planet that is basically a gateway to the rest of the system however, i don't think that with a max rank warframe, all max rank weapons, two of which have an orokin catalyst for double mod capacity and a dethcube that i purchased with platinum to assist me in this fight it should be this difficult.

even with all those things i mentioned and after spending upwards of four hours attempting this i have made no progress on defeating the valkyr spectre, if the fight is going to be this volatile to a player with max rank equipment then i can see it turning away new players

37 minutes ago, GrayMerch said:

and i think that the difficulty level of the valkyr spectre is far too high,

The specter is oneshot with one of the starting frames. You can also easily stagger the spectre with a wide variety of weapons until its dead (dual dagger ie)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

The specter is oneshot with one of the starting frames. You can also easily stagger the spectre with a wide variety of weapons until its dead (dual dagger ie)

that may be so but the point i am trying to make is that if i have to choose excalibur as my starting frame in order to kill the valkyr spectre then what is the point in being able to choose in the first place? having to switch warframe just to defeat the spectre seems to defeat the point of choosing the one that fits your playstyle, the player shouldn't be forced to play in a way that they might not enjoy, the fight should still be difficult but i believe that it should be possible to defeat the spectre with any of the starting warframes (or any waframe for that matter) and not have to completely change your playstyle just to defeat one boss, i was playing as volt and as i mentioned above i had fully maxed out equipment with catalysts installed on two of my weapons and spent countless hours working and reworking my mods but to no avail.

its not that i just want to beat the boss, i want to bring this balancing issue to the devs eyes so that they can possibly rework the fight slightly, i'm going to continue playing and try to beat it on my own but i don't want other new players to experience what i did. this fight has made me far too angry and i felt horrible after i stopped playing last night because i couldn't do anything against the spectre, i don't want anyone else to feel that way, as such i hope that by bringing this to the dev's attention there will be a time when this boss is challenging to defeat but possible to beat with every warframe without having to spend an entire day preparing for the fight.

1 hour ago, GrayMerch said:

its not that i just want to beat the boss, i want to bring this balancing issue to the devs eyes so that they can possibly rework the fight slightly

I beat that Spectre with an Mag and unmodded Ether Daggers on a smurf.

As hard it may sound but if you can't beat that spectre you are not ready for the upcoming content.

Like Loza already said, show us your loadout and builds, then we can help you if you are willing to. There is no balancing problem.

And statements like "Forma'd and potatoe'd weapon" has no value if you use garbage mods

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I beat that Spectre with an Mag and unmodded Ether Daggers on a smurf.

As hard it may sound but if you can't beat that spectre you are not ready for the upcoming content.

Like Loza already said, show us your loadout and builds, then we can help you if you are willing to. There is no balancing problem.

And statements like "Forma'd and potatoe'd weapon" has no value if you use garbage mods

first of all this response sounds really rude. second of all this isn't an isolated issue, both myself and my friend had trouble with this spectre, i asked around between all my friends who played warframe and they also had issues, i looked through multiple forum threads also and it seems as if a lot of people are having trouble beating this spectre for the first time, for an experienced player it may be easy but i'm talking about new players, my friend and i have only been playing for about a week and from our point of view we are having trouble with this boss.

i would have quoted my mod setup but i've moved over to playing rhino in order to beat the spectre and in the process of upgrading mods for him my volt loadout fended up with half the mods missing, however i believe it was a similar loadout to my rhino one so i'll quote that: fast deflection, redirection, vitality, streamline, continuity, flow.

i think flow was replaced with intensify on my volt loadout.

also when was the last time you fought the spectre? it's possible that there have been changes since you last took valkyr on, the spectres might be based off the warframes balancing so if there was a change made to valkyr it might affect the spectre but that's just a guess on my part

i just beat the spectre but i think it was due to a glitch, i had just finished fighting her where i died but got her to roughly half health so immediately tried again without changing any mods or anything and this time around when i melee'd her it just cut her in half and killed her instantly on my second attack? i wasn't doing anything different from the time before either, she just sort of... split in two without me really doing anything

11 minutes ago, GrayMerch said:

however i believe it was a similar loadout to my rhino one so i'll quote that: fast deflection, redirection, vitality, streamline, continuity, flow.

i think flow was replaced with intensify on my volt loadout.

I had to google "Fast Deflection" because no one uses this mods (hint: it's garbage). Same goes to Redirection. This is a niche mod on frames with Damage Reduction Skills like Trinity i.e. Why is that so? Damage on Shields goes all in. There is no Reduction like on Health. Even 100 Armor cuts down damage by 50%. Taking 1k damage is 1k on Shield but only 500 on Health (with a little Armor). And yeah I know Volt has almost none...but it's still more than shields can take.

So you were/are using 2 useless mods which drain Capacity and Slots

11 minutes ago, GrayMerch said:

first of all this response sounds really rude.

Didn't meant to be rude, sorry then. But I confront people with hard facts instead of being nice and easy

12 minutes ago, GrayMerch said:

i looked through multiple forum threads also and it seems as if a lot of people are having trouble beating this spectre

I have read countless times things like "I cant beat an Eximus" or "I can't find any Prosecutor whatever I am trying to do".

So I cannot give a...sorry for that. I still help them with their problems

14 minutes ago, GrayMerch said:

also when was the last time you fought the spectre?

Couple of months ago. I create smurf pretty regularly to update my guides

2 minutes ago, GrayMerch said:

you can educate people about mods without being a complete ass about it.

Yeah and I doing exactly this. Sorry that I am not very popular and only a small group knows my guides ... yet

Feel free to check back here: http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#mods

These are the Mods you should focus on in the early game: 
Warframe:
  • Vitality (increases your Health)
  • Redirection (increases your Shield). As already mentioned in another part of the guide this mod helps, but isn't as good as you may think. Just use it if you have unused Capacity

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I had to google "Fast Deflection" because no one uses this mods (hint: it's garbage). Same goes to Redirection. This is a niche mod on frames with Damage Reduction Skills like Trinity i.e. Why is that so? Damage on Shields goes all in. There is no Reduction like on Health. Even 100 Armor cuts down damage by 50%. Taking 1k damage is 1k on Shield but only 500 on Health (with a little Armor). And yeah I know Volt has almost none...but it's still more than shields can take.

So you were/are using 2 useless mods which drain Capacity and Slots

this kind of attitude is my entire point! players should have to change the way they like setting up and modding their warframes just to continue playing, to new players they see shields and are like "whoah, it's like health but it can regenerate!" so obviously they go for it, in case you didn't know, you can educate people about mods without being a complete ass about it.

players shouldn't have to conform to a meta playstyle to enjoy the game.

4 minutes ago, GrayMerch said:

players shouldn't have to conform to a meta playstyle to enjoy the game.

Then they shouldn't whine when something isn't working out. There is so much information available and your thread is "just another one of those". If you feel insulted I again apologize. But it doesn't change the truth.

Warframe isn't know to be new player friendly with its massive lack of Tutorials. DE will work on this this year (at least they promised).

I closed this Tab while editing, so you may want to check the stuff I wanted to edit

48 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then they shouldn't whine when something isn't working out. There is so much information available and your thread is "just another one of those". If you feel insulted I again apologize. But it doesn't change the truth.

Warframe isn't know to be new player friendly with its massive lack of Tutorials. DE will work on this this year (at least they promised).

I closed this Tab while editing, so you may want to check the stuff I wanted to edit

the reason i made this thread was because i had contacted support with a query about this and they told me to make a post here and that it would be brought to the teams attention if i did so, so either way they are going to see this and hopefully they will re balance it slightly

2 minutes ago, GrayMerch said:

support told me to make a post here

I don't know since when you play this game but I am around 4 years and this is supports nice and easy way to tell you the don't care.

I wish you good luck with your ambition of this thread but it's like asking to make a soup thick enough so anyone can eat it with a fork