Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Flow Bug? Forced switch from Secondary to Primary weapon during Excavation.

Mic.ph

Here's the "broken flow":
 - Pick up a Power Cell while the Secondary is the active weapon ("Melee with Fire Button Input" on).
 - After putting the cell in the excavator, the Primary becomes the active weapon.
 - Expectation: the Secondary remains and should be the active weapon.

Notes:
 - Happens only if you are playing public and you're not a host, and applies to Melee too. No forced switching when the Primary is the initial active weapon.
 - No bug if you are the public host or playing solo.

I don't remember if this was the case too before the Melee Flow update, would be nice to make the weapon switching consistent.

And, just a personal request, bring back the "Hold the Switch Weapon key to equip melee" function please?
I'm liking the DMC-ish melee changes, but sometimes I just want to switch to my melee weapon without swinging it...
...like, during a survival mission and Nekros just wants to hold that Tatsu and feel stylish while his shadows do the killing. LOL.

Or even better, bring it back and change to "Hold Switch Weapon key to equip and lock melee" instead?
Then "Press Switch Weapon key to switch between Primary and Secondary, and unlock melee."
Also, auto-block still feels weird (I prefer manual blocking). So, while melee is locked... manual blocking! While melee is unlocked, auto-blocking!
No other changes required to blocking-related mods or elsewhere.
It's same as the old function that players are used to, but now, just add lock/unlock melee and keep the new melee changes. Win-win.

For players like me using "Melee with Fire Button Input", sometimes we just want to go full melee without gunfire interrupting our flow...
...like while immersed in melee, we want to do a slam attack (instinctively Left Mouse Button) after aim glide, but we shot a gun instead. F.

Also, the melee block combo is a constant hit or miss for us who prefers to start all melee combos with the LMB - we either execute it or we suddenly aim and shoot (given Berserker is equipped, and player prefers changing up combos in the heat of combat and not just spam block combo). The consistent way for us to execute block combos is to always start using the keyboard (E), then hold aim (RMB) and press E/LMB etc., but kills the "Melee with Fire Button Input" vibe. So, if we'll have an option to lock melee that enables manual blocking in addition to the new melee changes with auto-blocking, players can freely choose how they want to execute melee block combos anytime - old school or new school.

(Aside: I like DMC, but I'm a PC player who prefers a keyboard-mouse controls.
Been wanting a DMC-ish PC game ever since, so Warframe appealed to me after Rakion and Firefall. Haven't tried DMC5 on Steam yet.)

At the moment, uninterrupted melee play is only possible if no primary and secondary weapons are equipped.
But sometimes, full melee players want to have a gun/bow ready when they feel like using it too.
So I think allowing us to lock or unlock melee on the fly will cater to "full melee players", "DMC-ish players", and the "players in-between." (I'm on "In-between")

That's it. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Edited by Mic.ph
+notes