Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict Killfields Don't Work Well With Revives

Chaosrain

Against all logic I decided to walk into one of the zappy death fields: sure enough I died instantly. I thought "what was I expecting?" and used a revive.

ZAP, killed me again. "Well that must have been a glitch!"

ZAP.

Wasted three revives. Should probably have those not spawn you in the zappy death field, because you're NOT beating that mission otherwise.

time the revive properly i got out with the use of one after i wormholed deep in to save a teammate that was dumb enough not to identify a death trap. i just stayed dead for a few seconds and made sure it was a steady pattern. i can't agree with the idea of making the game easier for people without common sense though.

Edited by Lampshade

I agree with Lampshade and VKhaun. 

as for you OP, I wasted all of my revives there yesterday. For the fun of it. I didn't make a post of it. Why? Because It was all my fault and my brain wasn't functioning that properly. Yea, I didn't complain, I just laughed it off. =)

It's not a bid deal, but isn't the whole point of revives to allow you to correct a mistake that leads to your death not punish you by instantly killing you again? Yeah if you jump into a pile of bad guys they're going to kill you again but a non moving death trap should be a different story.

This is reminiscent of when the corpus laser barriers would kill you and you'd be stuck in the doorway dying repeatedly or those nifty laser traps in the vaults of the orokin towers that if you fall in and you're by yourself (whether you were playing alone or your squad didn't make it through the door) and you just die instantly when you revive (luckily if you are with a squad you can normally shoot out the beams before you die). There should be a punishment for actions resulting in death be they through ignorance or intent, but the punishment is normally just that, death. Burning through all  your revives because you stumble into a trap is just insult to injury.