Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thrown/Single Pistol cannot use stance combos

Nukesnipe

The whole idea behind having thrown weapons and single pistols be dual wielded was always more fluff than substance, it looked cool and that was about it.  As probably the only person that thinks Glaive Prime + Lato Vandal is the god combo (thank you god roll Rivens), I've noticed an issue.  Running the TW/SP combo gives you special quick attacks, which was ok before when you had to switch specifically to melee, but now, well... all it does is remove your nice combos.  The primary benefit of this used to be that you could shoot and combo at the same time, but now every weapon has that!  You can whip out your Opticor for a cheeky headshot and then immediately get back to flailing your Gram Prime around nowadays.  As such, you currently have to specifically switch to your glaive to use Astral Twilight attacks, which imo are infinitely better than the "special" quick attacks.

My suggestion:  Just remove the special quick attacks.  Heck, just remove any special interaction beyond visual.  Thrown weapons got treated pretty nicely with Melee 2.999999999, but my favorite gun is Lato Vandal and my favorite melee is Glaive Prime, and this encourages me to not run them together.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nukesnipe said:

The whole idea behind having thrown weapons and single pistols be dual wielded was always more fluff than substance, it looked cool and that was about it.  As probably the only person that thinks Glaive Prime + Lato Vandal is the god combo (thank you god roll Rivens), I've noticed an issue.  Running the TW/SP combo gives you special quick attacks, which was ok before when you had to switch specifically to melee, but now, well... all it does is remove your nice combos.  The primary benefit of this used to be that you could shoot and combo at the same time, but now every weapon has that!  You can whip out your Opticor for a cheeky headshot and then immediately get back to flailing your Gram Prime around nowadays.  As such, you currently have to specifically switch to your glaive to use Astral Twilight attacks, which imo are infinitely better than the "special" quick attacks.

My suggestion:  Just remove the special quick attacks.  Heck, just remove any special interaction beyond visual.  Thrown weapons got treated pretty nicely with Melee 2.999999999, but my favorite gun is Lato Vandal and my favorite melee is Glaive Prime, and this encourages me to not run them together.

A 'Perfect' charge attack (which is only available in dual-wield) gives you a 100% chance to proc slash on all targets hit. I'd rather not lose that (especially now that we have combo counter and crits on thrown attacks).

Other than that, I agree.

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

A 'Perfect' charge attack (which is only available in dual-wield) gives you a 100% chance to proc slash on all targets hit. I'd rather not lose that (especially now that we have combo counter and crits on thrown attacks).

Other than that, I agree.

At the very least, just let me use my stance combos...