The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable to maintain 144fps

Stormandreas

So I've recently upgraded my PC so I can stream, and play my games fairly consistently at 144fps, which, on most games, even with higher graphical settings, I can.
Now, with warframe, I've had a constant issue with performance, and I was hoping this upgrade would help, which it kinda does, but still doesn't play anywhere NEAR as well as it should.

My setup is as follows:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 
Motherboard - ASUS Prime X470-pro
GPU - NVidia GTX1070
RAM - 16GB Dual Channel DDR4
Installed on a 250Gb Sata SSD

What's happening is in my ship, and when nothing is going on in missions, I'm getting 144fps no problem. However, the moment any enemies start appearing or anything like abilities start going off, my FPS drops to average 100 and fluctuates between 120 and 80, which is EXTREMELY poor for my system. It doesn't seem to matter what settings I adjust, whether it's max or min, I get the same results no matter what.

Warframe also only ever uses 2gb of my 16gb of RAM, which is also extremely unusual for... well any program. It also only ever uses a max of 38-40% of my CPU, instead of using everything available to it.

I run Warframe via Steam, and also have installed the Standalone Version but get the same result on both (both are completely fresh installs as my rig is essentially brand new).

Edit: On further testing it seems running Solo is 100% fine. Infact I end up running at 200+ frames solo! The difference is like night and day!!!

Edited by Stormandreas

4 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Now, with warframe, I've had a constant issue with performance, and I was hoping this upgrade would help, which it kinda does, but still doesn't play anywhere NEAR as well as it should.

I have a fairly similar setup to you. The main difference is the GPU, I have a GTX 1080. I can generally maintain 144 FPS (or higher) in Warframe. Similar to your case, Warframe seems to be the only (non-hard capped) game that will even drop below 100.

• I often find being a client negatively impacts my FPS.

This has always been an issue I have found with Warframe. So I am sceptical anything can be done to fix it.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I have a fairly similar setup to you. The main difference is the GPU, I have a GTX 1080. I can generally maintain 144 FPS (or higher) in Warframe. Similar to your case, Warframe seems to be the only (non-hard capped) game that will even drop below 100.

• I often find being a client negatively impacts my FPS.

This has always been an issue I have found with Warframe. So I am sceptical anything can be done to fix it.

Tbh, the Evolution Engine is terrible in my experience. It has so many performance issues and I don't think was ever designed to run a game like Warframe. No other game engine I've EVER seen have as many problems as EE