Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee feedback (aim button during melee)

Avlaen

Some melee combos require the Aim/RMB to be pressed, usually this is held down (atleast by me) this results in if you pause attacking you will aim your weapon, and if you have the melee attack on LMB toggled on, can be awkward having to press your melee key to go back.

So my suggestion is to have another toggle that disables the weapon aim functionality while using a melee weapon, and maybe make swapping to guns with the manual key faster if you still want the fast paced swapping. But even as is i would take slow swapping for this addition! The other option would be to have a "legacy" toggle where it would go back to how it was. (but with quick melee performing the weapon combos rather than the limited quick attacks of the past) Also its impossible to aim glide with the weapon in hand currently (meaning cant aim glide then smash attack with the LMB)

Edited by Avlaen

I think the best option would be have it is now, But also allow Hard swapping to melee (like previously) that would disable LMB/RMB swapping to the gun, essentially allowing the best of both worlds, have the quick flow when i want, and have the Pure melee when i want.

Edited by Avlaen

Imho there are 2 issues. First the RMB combos should get changed ( and will IIRC combos will get an update). But what imho is the bigger issue is that "Zoom" & "Slow Air Glide" share the same button. We need the "Slow Air Glide" on holding "jump"-key (have a look into my thread a few day ago) as it is in most other games. Combining it with Zoom is just favoring ranged weapon style at the cost of breaking the battle flow for melee. This needs to get changed imho.

Another problem is the lack of Quick Melee & Quick Fire. The option for a few swings/shots and get auto switched back to your previous weapon is a comfortable mechanic. Most people play mostly (80%+) either melee or ranged and only switch on less occurring scenarios ( e.g. melee switch to ranged when enemy is to hard to reach, and ranged switch to melee when get surrounded). The Quick Melee option with the auto switch back was a great tool and we need the same for melee (Quick Fire) imho.

Everything is going to get a do-over once we get to later phases so I'm sure this is just a temporary measure, however I get around the issue by simply releasing the aim button before I stop my swing. It's only one fraction of a moment you need to hold it to trigger the combo, the rest it'll just play out as usual, so you're unlikely to interrupt your intended combo by releasing early.

@Ulvra

I  have switched LMB with E. It's an odd workaround, but I hate to have my melee attack on E cause it's problematic with movement and because the option to use LMB for melee doesn't block RMB zoom... ( and yeah, I have a RMB stance combo..^^).