Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Balefire great!

0_The_F00l

Hello, 

I want to suggest a mechanic to Balefire to make it more than simply "a staticor alternative" in its current state it is a poor exalted weapon, and being forced to it in aegis storm gives me even less reason to use it. 

Observation :

Hildryn is an attack helicopter,

What do attack helicopters need? 

Guided missiles! 

Suggestion:

When using Balefire all enemies that come under her cross hairs while aim is held are tagged , 

When released hildryn releases a Barrage of missiles that home in on the enemies (in a way similar to pax seeker shots). 

Unaimed shots move toward reticle as they do now. 

While in aegis storm you don't need to aim and have them be under cross hairs, it automatically targets all enemies that are within aegis storm range. But aiming makes it focus on specific enemies. 

A fully charged shot will have 6 projectiles (at 100% strength at max rank) , numbers and damage rise with strength.

Count mechanics Similar to phantasma. 

They will seek next nearest enemy if it dies before the shot connects. 

Tag distance limited by ability range (similar to Ash) . 

Enemies killed that were under the influence of aegis storm create a smaller shield pillage at their origin point. 

Shield cost same as before, 

This will make both the 1st and 4th ability much much more powerful and importantly fun!

14 minutes ago, Insizer said:

I think that is it plenty powerful for a very spammable exalted weapon that feeds directly from your quickly replenishing shields.

Not unique enough to be an exalted, 

Sure you can slap on enough strength to take out a squad of enemies but the suggestion is not change the damage, it's for mechanics to make it unique