Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission markers

LostMilip

Whoever designed the yellow mission objective and green mission exit markers needs to get his head checked out!

I run forward in a corridor, reach the end, than all of a sudden the mission objective marker points behind me, because its to slow to keep up with my running speed.

Once the green marker appears in an excavation/survival mission, it should always be seen. It happened multiple times that I couldn't find the green marker, because... I donm't know, maybe you have to be close to it for it to show up? Anyway, sometimes the green marker can't be seen after appearing (after the first round, 5 or 10 minutes) in excavation, survival, or relic opening missions.

My most recent bad experience is coming from the current (at the time of writing this topic) Orokin Catalyst/Exilus adapter mission. The green marker just points in the air, between two corridors, and I end up running around like a complete bellend, because the map itself is a labyrinth of ice-caves.

This issue is not even recent, its years old.

10 minutes ago, LostMilip said:

Whoever designed the yellow mission objective and green mission exit markers needs to get his head checked out!

I run forward in a corridor, reach the end, than all of a sudden the mission objective marker points behind me, because its to slow to keep up with my running speed.

Once the green marker appears in an excavation/survival mission, it should always be seen. It happened multiple times that I couldn't find the green marker, because... I donm't know, maybe you have to be close to it for it to show up? Anyway, sometimes the green marker can't be seen after appearing (after the first round, 5 or 10 minutes) in excavation, survival, or relic opening missions.

My most recent bad experience is coming from the current (at the time of writing this topic) Orokin Catalyst/Exilus adapter mission. The green marker just points in the air, between two corridors, and I end up running around like a complete bellend, because the map itself is a labyrinth of ice-caves.

This issue is not even recent, its years old.

The problem with the markers not keeping up with you got a lot worse a few patches ago. A good example is IO on Jupiter. Drop down that long shaft with the vents you float on at the bottom and you have to wait a couple of seconds for themarker to catch up. There are a couple of spots there where the marker is literally just floating in mid-air rather than telling you where to go. There is a thread full of examples of the markers being less than helpful.

For the excavation/survival the green exit marker is hidden under the yellow markers.