Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Degradation system and other things to improve Sanctuary Onslaught

XenMaster

There are many things why Content Drought exist, one example that they are not worth to farm because of permanent frames, weapons, and sentinels.

Pets required DNA stabilizers for 25k credit (i think) and 5k credit when Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment is built.

Warframes, weapons and sentinels need maintenance system but it shouldnt go away like Pets because players would be so mad if their Nidus suddenly disappear. It also should degrade their stats (after extraction) based on performance in a mission.

1. Degradation and maintenance system for all things (doesnt go thanos snap when below 0% effectiveness but have worst reduced stats)

Improving Onslaught

Sanctuary Onslaught is a simulation of Stress relieve test, Data and Lore for the mysterious Khora that is trapped inside Simaris' system.

The Onslaught have to be a special mission type that :

1. Boost Damage against specific faction for 24 hours after fighting a group of the faction in a wave (Bonus Daily stats for 50%+ and maybe more)

2. Story mode of the each synthesized target and Khora's

3. Random scan during the fight

4. Reward multiplies for each wave

5. EXPERIMENTAL new enemies updated by DE so we can put our Strength to the test (unscanable)

6. Hostile synthesis kavats that sometimes drop "Kavat Genetic Codes"

7. Allow to farm Simaris standing at a low rate

Stress Relieve Test, Data and Lore mission should be separate.

Other weird things that sometimes nobody agree :

1. Allow ducats and resource to be tradable

2. Allow Forma and Exilus adapter blueprint tradable

3. Used weapons tradable

4. Titan and Distilling Extractors have increased resource gather and limits

Edited by XenMaster

8 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

Warframes, weapons and sentinels need maintenance system but it shouldnt go away like Pets because players would be so mad if their Nidus suddenly disappear. It also should degrade their stats (after extraction) based on performance in a mission.

1. Degradation and maintenance system for all things (doesnt go thanos snap when below 0% effectiveness but have worst reduced stats)

e9d.jpg

Seriously, buddy, this just is.

Err... Introducing weapon and Warframe degradation isn't going to make content drought any better. If anything, it's going to make it WORSE. What would be the point in using up my Warframe's durability grinding existing content when I could save myself the extra upkeep grind and just sod off until the next content release? Far as I'm concerned, upkeep has no business being in modern video games, and certainly no business existing for Kubrows, Kavats and Helminth Boogers. If you'll pardon my English, stop wasting my time on menial bullS#&$ and let me actually enjoy the game.

I mean, what's next? Do we pay for ammo? Pay for repairs? We're already paying to re-craft consumables and that's frankly tedious as well. Why don't we go all-the-way World of Tanks and ensure the player ends up losing resources for running high-level missions the majority of the time?

• Like 1

Weapon degradation is just busy work that won't help anyone be more interested in wf or keep them playing. A loud fudge no to that.

And that is actually against the lore. Tenno and orokin made stuff are near indestructible and don't fall to disrepair by lore, the entire reason for why corpus and grineer can't get their hands on their tech is that it's still active and locking them out. So there goes your lore knowledge reasons.

And most of the things you are proposing makes just reaching the end faster with bigger resource gains from extractors, more tradeables (=skip the farm for them) and badly thought out busy work that won't make anyone say "wow that's exiting and unique!".

The only good idea you had in there is several different types of onslaughts. The rest of your proposals are hogwash.

Okay, let's actually take this seriously, point-by-point.

>Warframes, weapons and sentinels need maintenance system but it shouldnt go away like Pets because players would be so mad if their Nidus suddenly disappear. It also should degrade their stats (after extraction) based on performance in a mission. Degradation and maintenance system for all things (doesnt go thanos snap when below 0% effectiveness but have worst reduced stats)

Absolutely not. This would add nothing of value to the game. Introducing a mechanic that does nothing but regularly drain resources for no reward is a terrible idea. All the other grind in Warframe at least gives you some reward.

>Sanctuary Onslaught is a simulation of Stress relieve test, Data and Lore for the mysterious Khora that is trapped inside Simaris' system.

Does it really need to be this? I don't think Vauban is trapped inside the Nightwave's radio signals, so I disagree that we need to put in much lore here for what's just supposed to be a training simulation. 

>1. Boost Damage against specific faction for 24 hours after fighting a group of the faction in a wave (Bonus Daily stats for 50%+ and maybe more)

Not sure what this means exactly, but it seems like you just want an extra-hard mode. I guess that's fine, but I wouldn't want it implemented in the way that I think you're suggesting.

>2. Story mode of the each synthesized target and Khora's

Khora's what? Like I said, I feel like nobody cares about story for this mode but you. It's just a training simulation.

>3. Random scan during the fight

What does this mean?

4. Reward multiplies for each wave

This would be cool.

5. EXPERIMENTAL new enemies updated by DE so we can put our Strength to the test (unscannable)

This would be tricky for DE, but I guess I could see it happening. No reason why it couldn't be attempted.

>6. Hostile synthesis kavats that sometimes drop "Kavat Genetic Codes"

This would be helpful, but DE should just increase the drop rates from Kavats, and make them spawn a little more often in the Derelict.

>7. Allow to farm Simaris standing at a low rate

This would actually be great.

>Stress Relieve Test, Data and Lore mission should be separate.

No clue what this is supposed to mean at all, sorry.

>Other weird things that sometimes nobody agree 

>1. Allow ducats and resource to be tradable.
No. Ducats already are tradable, because Prime parts exist. If Resources could be traded, then region and trade chat would be filled with almost nothing but beggars asking for Argon Crystals and Mutagen Samples. No, you should have to actually play the game every once in a while.

>2. Allow Forma and Exilus adapter blueprint tradable

See above.

>3. Used weapons tradable

See above.

>4. Titan and Distilling Extractors have increased resource gather and limits.

Yes please. Currently, they are barely above completely useless.