Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little bittle of an issue with the story, mostly about the Natah quest and The Second Dream

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

When Natah and The Second Dream first came out, it was a cool introduction to the "real lore" with Tenno and the nature of the Old War and whatnot. 

Now, however, new players see Operators running around the first day they play. Sentient stuff is all over in the Plains, as well as Jupiter soon. Natah and TSD have really lost their significance now that they aren't the first time new players are going to be seeing what makes those quests so special. 

What DE needs is a bit of a Story Rework. I have no idea how to accomplish this really, but the game's overall narrative has become a bit of a mess. It's cool that they're focusing more on story overall, but the next step should be streamlining everything to have a little more cohesion. 

Maybe make Operators completely invisible to players who haven't finished TSD? Maybe make old events parts of mini-quests on planets that haven't been looked at in a while? Make the new Jupiter stuff not appear until after The War Within? I don't know, but Warframe's story has tons of potential, and all the pieces are there, they just need to be stacked together the right way. 

• Like 2

Operators are already invisible in hubs for those that haven't finished TSD. One thing would be to make it so they can only get matched with players that also haven't done TSD but that brings problems of it's own.

• Like 1

Front loading the story would be good. Put the main story quests involving the operator earlier, paced at a modern 20 to 30 hours. Other lore quests that deepen the story can be later. 

Quests at all stages of the map being opened are good though, so yeah, it’s a big challenge to rework the pacing of lore. 

On 2019-03-28 at 10:01 PM, TheRealShade said:

Operators are already invisible in hubs for those that haven't finished TSD. One thing would be to make it so they can only get matched with players that also haven't done TSD but that brings problems of it's own.

Operators being invisible in hubs is pointless since you still see them running around in missions. Also, they're not invisible in hubs, they just appear as untextured Excaliburs.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Operators being invisible in hubs is pointless since you still see them running around in missions. Also, they're not invisible in hubs, they just appear as untextured Excaliburs.

Ideally...DE needs to have a filter in place during missions then. So they no longer can see them.

Myself & MANY others I've seen however, typically hide our *ahem* "Crewmembers" from new players and use the powers when we know they can't see us.
If caught we just say that later on you unlock a Crew for the ship.
The Engineer is a "kid". That usually kills their string of questions.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
Grammer, and typos that burn into my soul.