Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Is Nice But Now Please Buff Volt

Solaurus

My friend would not agree with you, according to him, Volt is one of the best frames. It's hard to disagree, when during T3 missions he almost always got more kills than I do with his Overload and Shoch, than I with my Charge and Stomp.

I guess you just need to know how to play Volt more effectively.

Copy/Paste of what I post in every Volt thread:

Fixing VOLT is a simple process, DE just needs to listen to the right feedback.

SHOCK:

● Buff the damage to 300-400-ish, depending on how helpful the upcoming damage/armor rework is.

● Improve the stun, an electrical ability should be a reliable taser in higher level content.

SPEED:

● Perfectly fine as is, there should be a toggle for the field of view change though, as some people get sick from it.

● Also, it's not necessary, but boosting VOLT's base sprint speed to 1.1 or 1.15 would be a welcome change. (You could even further lower his armor as compensation.)

ELECTRIC SHIELD:

VOLT users have mixed feelings about this.

Some people like shield, while others want it to be replaced with another damaging ability.

If we keep ELECTRIC SHIELD, it should become compatible with Stretch, (if it still isn't), and stun enemies that come in contact with it.
Also, allowing Focus to boost the damage buff would be nice.

OVERLOAD:

● Return the animation to how it was before, sweet & short (relatively).

Currently, the animation is just waaay too long to be effective, it's ridiculous.

OVERLOAD would become more useful & unique if VOLT was only midair for the first few moments of the ability, then free to move while nearby electronics get overloaded with electricity.

I agree now that electric shield got a change that significantly nerfed it, as in, the bullets passing through no longer get changed to armor ignore. My other issue is his description. It says a potent alternative to gunplay, but one of his best abilities was just in conjunction with guns and his damage is so so bad.

Just the other day I was running Phobos with a Storm Helmet(+damage) and a fully maxed Focus. My overload could not kill a Grineer Hellion, Grineer Heavy, or sometimes even Grineer Elite Lancers, at lvl 31. LEVEL 31! Overload sucks, an example of a good multiple tick ultimate is Miasma. Shock also sucks, an example of a good 1 with decent damage and great utility is Mag. Shock does 2/3 the damage of Pull, is electric damage(a rather bad damage type, Pull is AI), is not even half the range of pull, hits a max of 5 targets(I have hit up to 30 with Pull before), and has no crowd control(something Pull is great at).

Everything he has, other Warframes trump.

Ok so maybe instead of saying Volt is the worst 'Frame, let's just say he is the 'Frame that matches his in game description the least.

Either that description needs to change or DE need to change him up a bit. Electric Shield is the complete opposite of the "potent alternative to gun-play" he is supposed to be.

Even if Armour 2.0 gives him a huge boost his skill set still won't match what he is meant to be.

Edit; Pretty much what ElectiDei above me said.

Edited by Silraed

Oh dear solaurus.. it appears you, nor I, nor anyone else who has mained volt knows how to play him! Apparently he is a good frame and we need to learn to play him!

It's not like his first power is inconsistent at stunning and the damage is only useful on one faction.

Or that his second power emphasises the use of melee on a frame with little to no armour that is meant to be a caster frame.

Or that electric shield requires the use of guns on a "potent alternative to gunplay".

Or that electric jesus leaves you hanging to be shot at by every enemy and their mother whilst being ineffective against 2/3 of factions.

Or that on a caster frame you have the same max energy as rhino.

Na we got it wrong.

There is nothing wrong with volt at all.  I genuinely dont understand how people can say he is useless and needs Buffing. 

Learn to use him effectively and you will notice he is very powerful.

Do I have to take screenshots of my profile or something? I played Warframe for way more than 200 hours. I used Volt for about 60-70% of that time. What makes anyone think that I don't use him or "not effectively"? What is "using Volt effectively"? Please provide me a scenario and I will buy you a car if I can't debunk it at all.

Shock: useless past level 20.

Speed: fine, melee buff should be replaced with something more fitting like energy regen or something

Ele.Shield: it is not mobile. When in warframe are you standing still? Never, because warframe is a fast paced ninja shooter.

Overload: weak and useless past level 40. Don't give me thy bull about damaging skills being useless at high levels. Rhino, Saryn, Ember, Excalibur, Ash, Nova, even freaking Frost, and Nekros all have ults that kill way up to level 70+. Volt can't kill anything with his skills past level 45. Seriously it pains me that people say Volt is fine. One person doesn't even have Volt and just talks about his friend. If a Volt gets more kills than everyone else in a game, it's because his weapons are better then yours. Otherwise, his skills are incredibly clunky, old, and underpowered.

Oh dear solaurus.. it appears you, nor I, nor anyone else who has mained volt knows how to play him! Apparently he is a good frame and we need to learn to play him!

It's not like his first power is inconsistent at stunning and the damage is only useful on one faction.

Or that his second power emphasises the use of melee on a frame with little to no armour that is meant to be a caster frame.

Or that electric shield requires the use of guns on a "potent alternative to gunplay".

Or that electric jesus leaves you hanging to be shot at by every enemy and their mother whilst being ineffective against 2/3 of factions.

Or that on a caster frame you have the same max energy as rhino.

Na we got it wrong.

This so hard. Apparently the 9+ Volt topics I make a month are all because I'm a noob who thinks "L4tron B3st snipah ryfle" and not because I played him extensively. My own topic history supports the fact that I never knock anything until I tried it for at least a good 10 hours. I never believed anyone when they said pre-buff burston was bad until I used it. But nope I'm just a noob who only got Volt an hour ago apparently.

Shock is pretty good.

Here, let me introduce you to Pull. 375 armor ignore damage with a fast cast and an incredible disable, that requires no aiming and can hit any enemy in a up to 60-meter long cone in front of you.

Too strong?

Then here's Shuriken! 500*2 serrated blade damage with an extra fast cast and capable of dealing extra damage through weakspots.

Still too strong?

Let me introduce you to Venom, then! 8x5 poison DPS that can spread near-infinitely. Aim (or a shotgun) is required though!

What, not weak enough?

Mind control! A 30-second disable targetable at 50 meters. 

Slash dash! 500 serrated blade damage to any enemy unlucky enough to be in front of you, with CC resistance to boot!

Soul Punch! 500 physics impact damage with splash!

Rhino Charge! 650(!) damage, with knockdown!

Hell, even FIREBALL is stronger than shock currently, due to its dps being able to hit weakspots (hit a sonar'd enemy, deal 1k fire damage DPS, profit)

Edited by TheGambler_BR

How would you use Shock and Overload effectively on grineer and Infested?

You don't,  Well not on the high level anyway. There you give Volt an Ignis (now that it's been buffed) or Flux and exploit electric shield's hitscan abilities. Other players can use the shield too so he works more for support against higher level non-corpus enemies and less for damage. The shield also makes just about any weapon shot through it gain electrical damage properties. Also, Shotgun blasts shot through will be placed in one blast by the shield rather than spread. Haven't experimented enough with this but it does indeed seem to compress the pellets into one blast which means you theoretically can do point blank damage from a distance if my observations are correct. For right now, nerfing this would be a very bad idea as it's probably Volt's most useful ability for later levels.

Regarding Volt's problem being vulnerable while suspended in the air during his Overload animation, bring along Shade with ghost equipped and enemies won't injure you during the attack very much.

For increased damage on Overload, use max focus, max out overload, Streamline (so you can do several overloads in a row) Stretch (for expanded range, though expanding the range too much seems to be a little bugged as it sometimes doesn't damage very distant targets.) and Flow. If you want, you could also add continuity as well. With all these mods, Volt's overload becomes HUGE. To the point where it literally covers the entire main room on corpus base defense levels such as xini.  Even with this maxed out, Overload does have problems handling level 80 and higher Corpus Techs with their huge amount of armor, but will oneshot Crewmen and MOA all the way into the 100's if modded right. In fact, MOA take even more damage from Overload than crewmen and techs do, due to them being robots and because of Overload's "short circuiting" effect. Overload also destroys light bulbs indoors and the bulbs will electrocute any enemies caught within overload for a bit more damage. This works best in Corpus base hallways. Even High level Techs will still get stunned by Overload though, which can allow follow up attacks.\

As for shock, it's more there to stun Targets for a follow up attack and less about damage.

Edited by Glisp

changing volt:

buff or tweak shock

make speed not have that horrible fov and make the effects look nicer

make electric shield mobile, as some already said

rework his ultimate to something more interesting and powerfull (because big AOE damage skills are becoming over used)

Still the worst frame in the game whether its in update 8 or update 10

I still maintain that Volt's abilities aren't bad.  Speed and Ele Shield are fantastic.  They just don't mesh well.  The issue is that for an "alternative to gunplay," he gets forced into it for most of the enemies in the games.  I guess the devs did that to try to make him viable against all factions, but honestly, I'd much rather see him ripped apart into two frames as I've explained many times before.  He is great gunslinger frame and looks awesome with an Uru, but he isn't a good caster which is the whole point.