The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Nikana Zaw Sheathe Vanish

AlphaRyuuxx

I want to bring attention to two bugs that occur with the nikana zaw, the first one small and the second kinda big. I"m not sure if it's the nikana zaws in general or just my nikana zaw. My build in case thats somehow the problem: Ewkana II Jai, Kwath, Sepfahn.

The first bug is a small one. In the arsenal loadout, a second sheath will just appear and float there.  

SWXtcqn.jpg

The second bug is bigger as in any mission type, if you have any gun equipped whether it be secondary or primary, melee attacking will cause the sheathe to disappear completely for the rest of the mission. This bug also appears in the simulacrum and captura but somewhat worse as in those two, the sheathe won't even appear even if you don't have a gun equipped.

This is a normal extermination mission where I'm using the opticor as my gun and nikana zaw. 

This is before meleeing:

mUHs45J.jpg

And this is after meleeing:

NYg95Xr.jpg

I've tested different guns and even kitguns, the bug still happens regardless of what kind of gun you're using. These aren't the only bugs. Another small one is that the nikana zaw's blade seems to separate from the sheathe whenever you start running/the beginning of the run animation or landing after a fall/jump. I hope these bugs get fixed soon as the only difference between the nikana variants and a single sword is the sheathe.

Edited by AlphaRyuuxx
Typos and making sure to be very specific

Can confirm this is still happening, as well as the sheathe staying glued to your hip with show when holstered off. If the sheathe didn't just up and disappear upon meleeing once, the blade would still be clipping through it, as well.

I'm having that problem too with all three of the nikana zaw versions I've made.

Pictures!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1709447423

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1709447600

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1709447793

The graphics artifacts appear in the Arsenal screen when I upgrade the weapon and don't go away until I close the Arsenal. The sheath also, as above, is prone to disappear on missions (I thought at first this was intentional but I don't think it is) and I can confirm that when set to not visible when holstered I get a floating sheath and sugatra by my side. Also while the double sheath glitch is visible I get a third sugatra hanging off center.

I love my zaw and hope this gets fixed but I'm not holding my breath, considering 😞

• 1 month later...

best thing bout this is even if you hide the nikana while not in use the sheath and the dangly things wont dissapear. this combined whit a back holster and you can say good bye to aiming down cause it kinda blocks the wive