Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mission type: "Recalibration"

Zentimental

-->This could either be an alternative to sanctuary onslaught, or just another star-chart node or two(likely corpus, or maybe even sentient faction mission )

Possible Simaris lines:
->"Hunter, packets of data have been behaving erratically in my sanctuary. I need you to assist me in recovering and identifing these data packets."
->"Tenno, your performance in Sanctuary has caused irregularities in the database. I will require you to assist in fixing these anomalies."

Possible Lotus/Ordis line:
->"Tenno, valuable information has been stored on a series of drones roaming around on that crashed corpus ship. They are delicate, heavily encrypted, and close-circuited; independent from the ship's network. I need you go stay close to them as you defend them while I hack into them."
->"Oooooperator, those malfunctioning SCUMBAGS(insert sentient entity here) have invaluable information we can harvest. Prevent enemy sentients from destroying them, and keep close to them so I can RIP OUT THEIR DATA hack into them."

Mission would entail:
->having to chase around some sort of drones or bots that we have to defend and hack at the same time, we slowly hack them by staying in range.
    (see mr26 test
 https://youtu.be/7OxzEsxBeww?t=56)
->5-10 of them in a mission per round
->Enemies would be heavily inclined to attack the targets, rather than the players, emphasizing the need to kill enemies to keep the targets alive.
->Frame powers would probably be unable to affect the targets so the mission couldn't be cheesed by slowing them or making them invincible.

Reward rounds:
->rather than rotations, rewards per round are based on number of drone/probe/data packet/w.e. you successfully capture/decode/fix
      -something like 2-4 rank 1 pool, 5-8 rank 2 pool, 9-10 rank 3 pool; this way players have a way to target the reward pool they want, while still maintaining difficulty for the pool.
->or if we are for keeping traditional rotation pool rewards, start by requiring 2 successes at wave 1, and increase needed successes per wave.

I would love more feedback for this mission type and will continue to add/edit the post as more/better ideas are given for the game mode.

Edited by Zentimental
feedback updated descriptions

It feels more like an arcade mode than a mission, something like Wyrmius, flappy zephir or frame Fighter.

I'm also afraid it would bore people straight away...

Edited by Steru

I like the general idea. I'm still waiting for an endless mission that can keep me engaged.

Maybe it would work well like a wolf of Saturn thing, where it randomly spawns in your mission and you have a limited time to complete it for extra rewards. I don't like the idea of intentionally doing worse to target specific rewards. 

11 minutes ago, Zentimental said:

Having to keep up with a target whilst defending defending it is already more interactive than interception or mobile defense.

True, but for me this game mode feels out of context and that is the reason why i classified it as an arcade mode.

I also have a few questions about some mechanics:

1 - do targets have a life pool?

2 - can targets be affected by warframe abilities?

3 - how many times could this game mode be played per day/week?

4 - rewards?

1 minute ago, Steru said:

True, but for me this game mode feels out of context and that is the reason why i classified it as an arcade mode.

I also have a few questions about some mechanics:

1 - do targets have a life pool?

2 - can targets be affected by warframe abilities?

3 - how many times could this game mode be played per day/week?

4 - rewards?

1->yes targets would need to be simultaneously defended, and hacked by staying close.
2->would be iffy, but probably not to avoid making the mode trivial by slowing them or making them invulnerable
3->It could become just another mission type on the star chart for corpus or maybe even sentient nodes when we get there.
    ->or it would be an alternative to sanctuary onslaught; so, it would always be playable
4->rewards would be whatever DE needs the table to be

@Barnacletus
-> then maybe have a minimum requirement for number of targets succeeded per wave, increasing minimum needed the longer you go.

Its a bit outlandish, but I had a different idea for rewards. What if you forget the idea of rounds, and you earn a point for every drone you hack. Then you can trigger when you want to redeem your points for a reward. More points would be a higher rotation. Then you can jump right back to hacking more drones. To spice it up further, you could take the idea of individual extraction and apply it further to individual rewards. Earn points as a team and redeem points individually to get the rewards you want. 

10 minutes ago, Barnacletus said:

What if you forget the idea of rounds, and you earn a point for every drone you hack. Then you can trigger when you want to redeem your points for a reward. More points would be a higher rotation. Then you can jump right back to hacking more drones. . . . . Earn points as a team and redeem points individually to get the rewards you want. 

Reward mid mission with a token-like system could cause a lot of hiccups

It'd be nice if we have something dynamic action with the drones like having them interact with another console, or swapping phases such as,

• Converting HP to Shields
  • No Shields
  • Drone attaches to a Consoles, leading to an area to hack, to which we head towards for on objective. Once complete, we head back to get the drone (Drone become immune to damage while attached) (Note: Whatever Action/Objective here, would/should INCREASE Hack rate or something. IT SHOULD NOT BE MANDATORY )
  • Interaction with Other drones (maybe Additional over-shields/Armor multiplier, however they share a combined HP pool now.)

Just some thoughts.

I'd particularly would like a do or die scenario with bot to keep things engaging. (Said said post above, maybe a boss fight, although i dread DE's Bullet Sponge, Power Immunity boss fights...) 

Edited by LoveNot