Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make it obvious when the host is extracting

MikeTheFool

Right now, host migrations are not in a great place on the technical side, frequently resulting in lost loot, affinity, standing, etc., and occasionally just breaking outright (an issue I've noticed quite a bit in endless void fissures).

While seamless host migrations without loss to clients would be the ideal solution, that is a fairly tall ask. Making it readily apparent when the host is extracting, such as adding a "host" tag to their name in the continue/extract menu for defense and interception, or a different extraction message for the host in survival/excavation, seems like it would be fairly straightforward to implement, and would help alleviate the problem. Obviously this wouldn't help with a host crashing or disconnecting out of the blue, but would result in fewer episodes of frustration overall.

Personally, I would always choose to extract with the host rather than risk losing time invested in a mission due to a bad migration, but I tend to forget to check the tiny number by someone's name.

• Like 1