Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Feel

(PSN)jakujaku89

Hello Everyone,

I'm someone who is what you might call a casual WF gamer, spending an average of 2-3 hrs a day playing Warframe for a little over a year. I'm also relatively new to posting feedback here at the forums so please be kind.

I know this idea has probably been suggested before but I would like to make a suggestion if it isn't too much to ask about Warframe's Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis. Is it possible to pop out in the opposite cardinal direction of the map when you go too far into one direction? For example, in Orb Vallis, from Fortuna - I fly over to Temple of Profit, instead of hitting a hard wall when I go too far, is it possible to make it instead pop out in the mountains south east of the Space Port? This change will improve the open world feel and at the same time add variability to how you travel around the open worlds. Sorta goes against what some flat-earthers might think. lol.

I would like to hear from everyone else too so comments are welcome!

Cheers!

Last I heard DE is going away from open worlds for now because they take a big toll in general terms. However I am still a bit puzzled about the "Planes of Duviri", seems a whole lot like a "post-apocaliptic-ish", fallen orokin/infested vybe open world to me. And logic tells me the next open world whenever it is will be infested and either on Mercury or Eris, most likely the latter. This is all just speculation, of course. Tennocon shall answer all.

tbh i don't really care for more open world development with 1 exception (we'll get to that). I play warframe to move around fast, shoot stuff in the face, and have cool frame gameplay. 

I don't play it to mine, or fish, or walk around looking for wisps on the ground. That's what minecraft is for. 

Anyways, the exception, cause that's the good part: boss fights. I think the open worlds bosses have helped DE move towards more engaging and interesting boss fights. If they don't want to rework existing bosses to be more like this (since it also means making frames harder to get in that case), then that's the one reason I can really get behind open worlds. Because as I've already detailed in other places on the forum, I am in full support of engaging, challenging, and tactics-oriented boss fights. Which while we may not be all the way there, the orbs are to a lesser extent eiodolons are a closer than the sergeant. 

39 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

tbh i don't really care for more open world development with 1 exception (we'll get to that). I play warframe to move around fast, shoot stuff in the face, and have cool frame gameplay. 

I don't play it to mine, or fish, or walk around looking for wisps on the ground. That's what minecraft is for. 

Anyways, the exception, cause that's the good part: boss fights. I think the open worlds bosses have helped DE move towards more engaging and interesting boss fights. If they don't want to rework existing bosses to be more like this (since it also means making frames harder to get in that case), then that's the one reason I can really get behind open worlds. Because as I've already detailed in other places on the forum, I am in full support of engaging, challenging, and tactics-oriented boss fights. Which while we may not be all the way there, the orbs are to a lesser extent eiodolons are a closer than the sergeant. 

Well I guess that's about right. I only went to both open world maps for the Buried Debts - Fractures and Nightwave challenges even while putting into consideration that I'm behind in both Ostron and Solaris United standings. So I see your point. I guess there isn't that much incentive in going to both open world maps unless there are events or new loot.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Last I heard DE is going away from open worlds for now because they take a big toll in general terms. However I am still a bit puzzled about the "Planes of Duviri", seems a whole lot like a "post-apocaliptic-ish", fallen orokin/infested vybe open world to me. And logic tells me the next open world whenever it is will be infested and either on Mercury or Eris, most likely the latter. This is all just speculation, of course. Tennocon shall answer all.

I guess we'll have to wait for the next Tennocon.