Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration blocks your return to the mission if there's an update waiting

Basalto

24 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

How so? You kept playing past the hotfix, leaving the mission for any reason means you need to restart Warframe to dl and install the patch.

I kept playing a survival that I was already playing before the hotfix. To kick me out of the mission as a whole and strip me of all my rewards is just bullS#&$ game design. At least make it so that the player receives the rewards up a certain checkpoint, really. Not my fault the host decided to leave, and I had no idea the host migration design was #*!%ed to this point. It's just beyond frustrating to get punished for something beyond your control.

It would be nice if each extraction point also consolidated/saved your rewards as though you had extracted. With the way rotations are, the risk vs reward part of it just means you play to 20, extract, and repeat, or play to 10, extract, repeat. Since there's no keys, there's no point going further, and with relics the way they are, you aught to get the reward if you open the relic period, rather than losing both because of bad game design or an unreliable host.

It's just outdated to leave it the way it is.

41 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

It would be nice if each extraction point also consolidated/saved your rewards as though you had extracted. With the way rotations are, the risk vs reward part of it just means you play to 20, extract, and repeat, or play to 10, extract, repeat. Since there's no keys, there's no point going further, and with relics the way they are, you aught to get the reward if you open the relic period, rather than losing both because of bad game design or an unreliable host.

It's just outdated to leave it the way it is.

Fortunately, it wasn't even a bad host. It was just me and another guy silently agreeing to going from 15 to 20 because we were already there, and between spending 5 more minutes before downloading a hotfix, and downloading a hotfix to play another 20 minutes for the reward we'd be getting in 5, it just seemed like the better option to keep playing the mission. Unfortunately, now I know that I have to warn everyone to extract together when a hotfix hits during a survival and ruin the point of people extracting separately in that specific occasion.