Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A bit of love for operators

The_1_FreeMan

To start, it would be nice if our selected animation set made a difference to how our operator looks in mission. Because right now our operator has just one idle animation. None of the selected ones work with the amp out. That's kind of a more basic thing, if you have those animation sets it makes sense to actually use them. Some other things that might help the operator:

1. Improve in-mission operator voice acting/lines. Seriously. Please. Immersion breaking does not begin to describe it. Maybe consider adding some faction-specific lines (grineer: "Indoctrinated, enslaved...I really wish we didn't have to fight you." "We can't allow you to continue this pointless war, to many people have suffered."  corpus: "You take and you take, and for what? What have you gained?" etc, etc)  mission-specific lines ("If we can avoid alerting them..." for spy missions, and the like, basically making the current lines a bit more relevant) and assassination target specific lines (Vor: "You've threatened the people of this system enough." Raptor: "Another corpus weapon, set out to kill whoever the board finds inconvenient. You'll go down like all the rest." Kela: "Your twisted game ends today.") or something along those lines.
  2. Fix the clipping that comes with flowy operator suits (manuka suit for instance)
  3. Give the ability to chose not to activate a certain ability in your focus tree while leaving the one after it on (like, void static off with void singularity on, for instance) or at least give us the ability to adjust the level. Maybe require us to max it before we can do that? Your choice. Mostly a convenience, not really essential.
  4. Maybe have the operator age a bit with the major story quests? I know that other people have suggested this, just saying it sounds kind of nice. Not a ton, but like going from ~15 to ~18. Or hell, just getting a bit taller.
  5. Once people have their focus maxed there is nothing they can do with it. A nice way for people to use excess focus might be to use it to unlock additional operator cosmetic options. Not gear, but things like:
  • operator-only movement animations, like a wisp/titania like movement animation (floaty) or a movement set that creates a sort of halo/displacement around you as you move, no practical effect but kinda badass
  • agile martial-artsy idle animations
  • more playful operator-only emotes, like doing a backflip or conjuring up a void energy ball thing and tossing it to yourself or some new dance
  • operator-only idle animations/emotes where you sort of casually toss around bits of void-magic-energy-technobabble stuff (eg: casually scuffing your foot on the ground and kicking up a little cloud of flame, arcing electricity between your fingers, etc)
  • ephemera-like effects for the operator

I’d like that derpy operator slide replaced with maybe a Void-boosted variant that doesn’t mess with momentum. And maybe aim-gliding/wall latching for operators as well. 

I agree though that operators could definitely use some more love. That hunched amp idle especially makes me feel bad for their back.