Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better/faster Rolling Animation Gif Example (Move To Animation Feedback Please)

Aure7

So instead of whining on several threads which devs won't read. I'll just create a new one to illustrate what i mean. And I mean something achievable with a click of a shift. (just like it is now) Same roll we have now but more aggressive, with more force and momentum on the jump making it much more responsible and covering larger distance. Right now it kinda just falls to the floor immediately and rolls with very little momentum, making it useless compared to just straight up sprinting and sliding.

Saint's row has nothing to do with warframe but this is a perfect example of the animation:

jsoo.gif

to make it easy to compare, this is the current roll:
ofi.gif

I do agree that after the latest update it's A LOT better in terms of speed but making the current animation quicker won't make the DISTANCE LARGER. Notice how in saints row the character jumps forward and then lands with a roll making it a lot more useful.

Even if this used stamina, but would make AI miss the shots, then coupled with a quicker animation like that will make it used by everyone everywhere.
...or what  Xylia said:

"Well there are times where you are standing still shooting at something that I wish we had a better/easier roll/flip to the side to dodge something incoming (especially corpus laser fire) and resume firing.

But since the current controls are so wonky and difficult to learn, I end up dropping my aim, turning and sprinting a few feet and then re-aiming instead."

Edited by Aure7

I do wish we weren't fatrolling (See Dark Souls) all the time.

I remember Saint's Row rolls; I remember using the rolls to vault over fallen lampposts (I am a very very horrible driver on purpose; the game rewards you for it) and I was thinking "Wow, I wish my Warframes could do that...."

That little "jump" into the SR3/4 roll is awesome. It actually allows you to jump over small objects that are about waist-high.

Also, I'd like to see Dark Souls-type evading.

They could allow us to double-tap a movement key (WASD) to perform a quick Dark Souls-style roll (please use Light or Mid Roll, not Fat Roll).

THIS style of dodging would actually be useful as you can fire it off in a split second.

There we go. THAT is rolling done right.

Edited by Xylia

I remember Saint's Row rolls; I remember using the rolls to vault over fallen lampposts (I am a very very horrible driver on purpose; the game rewards you for it) and I was thinking "Wow, I wish my Warframes could do that...."

That little "jump" into the SR3/4 roll is awesome. It actually allows you to jump over small objects that are about waist-high.

They could allow us to double-tap a movement key (WASD) to perform a quick Dark Souls-style roll (please use Light or Mid Roll, not Fat Roll).

THIS style of dodging would actually be useful as you can fire it off in a split second.

dark souls is a lot more slow paced, so slow rolls are actually useful there. In warframe they need to be amplified to cover larger distances.

dark souls is a lot more slow paced, so slow rolls are actually useful there. In warframe they need to be amplified to cover larger distances.

While Dark Souls is a slower game, its Upper Mid and Fast Rolls are actually pretty good dodges from a standing position.

Dark Souls is a slower game, but many bosses still require you to dodge fast-moving projectiles and a boss's "MOVE OR DIE!" attacks. If your character really moved THAT slowly, then you would very much die (a lot more than you already do while playing DkS).

But I can understand people not knowing this; most newbies in DkS use heavier armor on their first few hours because of the added padding. Most pros end up going in light armor so that they can dodge and move faster.

A good example would be the Dark Wood Grain Ring -- that sort of movement is very similar to what Tenno do in Warframe.

While Dark Souls is a slower game, its Upper Mid and Fast Rolls are actually pretty good dodges from a standing position.

Dark Souls is a slower game, but many bosses still require you to dodge fast-moving projectiles and a boss's "MOVE OR DIE!" attacks. If your character really moved THAT slowly, then you would very much die (a lot more than you already do while playing DkS).

But I can understand people not knowing this; most newbies in DkS use heavier armor on their first few hours because of the added padding. Most pros end up going in light armor so that they can dodge and move faster.

A good example would be the Dark Wood Grain Ring -- that sort of movement is very similar to what Tenno do in Warframe.

well but in dark souls as much as i saw - you walk and sprint at the speed warframes usually walk. In warframe it's much more simple to just quickly slide jump or just sprint out of the way. However this new roll would be a better option.

well but in dark souls as much as i saw - you walk and sprint at the speed warframes usually walk. In warframe it's much more simple to just quickly slide jump or just sprint out of the way. However this new roll would be a better option.

Well there are times where you are standing still shooting at something that I wish we had a better/easier roll/flip to the side to dodge something incoming (especially corpus laser fire) and resume firing.

But since the current controls are so wonky and difficult to learn, I end up dropping my aim, turning and sprinting a few feet and then re-aiming instead.

I think the roll needs to be a little bit more aggressive, like Gears of War roll, but faster (they are ninjas in super armors, they can do it!) only, maintain the cool pose animations that DE did a great job with that... (who wouldn't like to move like a tenno to impress girls? lol )

I think the roll needs to be a little bit more aggressive, like Gears of War roll, but faster (they are ninjas in super armors, they can do it!) only, maintain the cool pose animations that DE did a great job with that... (who wouldn't like to move like a tenno to impress girls? lol )

"aggressive" fits what I mean for sure

Loki and Ash should do Ninja-Flipping.

I don't think it's a good idea to do warframe exclusive parkour moves.

I think it would be awesome to give warframes exclusive sets of moves, it would be weird looking at rhino rolling like loki or stupid to see a fast warframe like loki rolling like rhino, rhino rolling needs to look like the huge rolling stone at the end of Indiana Jones, while loki should look like agile and fast like Raiden in metal gear rising revengeance... maybe create diferent sets of movements for diferent speeds so depending how fast your warframe move, he is going to use a heavier or an agile animation set (this is just cosmetic but will help to give them some "personality" without taking off the ambiguousness that makes you think he could be everybody but seems to be nobody)

I think it would be awesome to give warframes exclusive sets of moves, it would be weird looking at rhino rolling like loki or stupid to see a fast warframe like loki rolling like rhino, rhino rolling needs to look like the huge rolling stone at the end of Indiana Jones, while loki should look like agile and fast like Raiden in metal gear rising revengeance... maybe create diferent sets of movements for diferent speeds so depending how fast your warframe move, he is going to use a heavier or an agile animation set (this is just cosmetic but will help to give them some "personality" without taking off the ambiguousness that makes you think he could be everybody but seems to be nobody)

well they've said heavy, light, medium(or something like that) animation sets are coming. Would be nice if DE confirmed it. Although the current parkour looks good on all of them, so I don't see why they couldn't pull it off on all of the warframes.