Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about music track This Is What You Are (potential spoilers)

(NSW)UncleSporky

I'd like some clarification about This Is What You Are.  Potential spoilers for those not as far as Second Dream, do not listen to these beautiful tracks or risk losing the impact of the moment.

Are there multiple songs with this name?  Or is one of them often labeled incorrectly?

When I search for This Is What You Are and find an official soundtrack reference, I get this, which is the first track on the soundtrack:

According to the wiki, this is the theme of Warframe and the only song called This Is What You Are.  After a long, subdued intro, it has a driving drum beat and sounds like music from an action film.

However, what I usually want to listen to is the music heard in the spoiler room at the back of the ship.  This version:

As you can see from the title of this video, this track is apparently also called This Is What You Are.  I've found a number of other sources calling it that too, people asking "what's the music in the spoiler room," others telling them this is what it's called.  But it's not...not quite.  When you search for this song you find the first one more often than not, and this one more rarely.  I know at its core it's a cut of parts of the music from the track 1 version, but it's still got a vibe all its own, slow, moving.  No drums.

Is there a different internal name for this version of the song?  If not, what should it be called?  This Is What You Are (Reprise)?

Edited by (NSW)UncleSporky

On 2019-04-07 at 2:52 AM, (NSW)UncleSporky said:

Is there a different internal name for this version of the song?  If not, what should it be called?  This Is What You Are (Reprise)?

The real truth is these videos got the names from phrases in the Cutscenes by people uploading the Videos, long before any Soundtrack was conceived. So, since DE is pretty cool with these things, they went along with the name for the full track once done, and never bothered to correct anyone afterwards.

Something similar happens with "Smiles from Juran", this track that you hear in The Sacrifice, but since everyone and their mom called it "To Take Their Pain Away", DE named it like that while integrated in the whole level OST.

But what can I say, I'm not the one in charge. So yeah, "This is what you are" is the track in the Soundtrack and the one you hear on the Operator room is officially without a name. I'd take the reprise thing or anyother word to put in a parenethesis though.

Edited by NightmareT12