Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Concerns

Monad0ny

1 minute ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

last thing i wanna do is start world war III

That's the "Abandoning the Wolf" thread actually, this might have just started international civil war 2 and that is no big deal there.

On-Topic: One of my more recent concerns comes down to how the Railjack will control, I'm expecting traditional Flight-sim controls, but also wondering if piloting it with an outside view will be an option if precision movement is needed (e.g. weaving between asteroids) Because cockpit only view will be somewhat difficult to gauge the wideness of the Railjack overall.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

That's the "Abandoning the Wolf" thread actually, this might have just started international civil war 2 and that is no big deal there.

On-Topic: One of my more recent concerns comes down to how the Railjack will control, I'm expecting traditional Flight-sim controls, but also wondering if piloting it with an outside view will be an option if precision movement is needed (e.g. weaving between asteroids) Because cockpit only view will be somewhat difficult to gauge the wideness of the Railjack overall.

that does sound interesting as long as they don't turn it into an on rails style piloting holy hell would that suck.

I wonder if we will have ships full of corpus,grineer but what about infested how would they do that or what about sentients since they are supposed to be involved in the new war.

Just now, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

I wonder if we will have ships full of corpus,grineer but what about infested how would they do that or what about sentients since they are supposed to be involved in the new war.

I'd imagine an Infested ship would be like a larger version of the Jordas Golem, where we go in and literally destroy its heart to kill it, like killing a living warship.

As for the sentients, I'd imagine they would be different in combat completely, but due to how few sentients we have for reference I don't think I could figure out a good design for one.

17 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'd imagine an Infested ship would be like a larger version of the Jordas Golem, where we go in and literally destroy its heart to kill it, like killing a living warship.

As for the sentients, I'd imagine they would be different in combat completely, but due to how few sentients we have for reference I don't think I could figure out a good design for one.

I think it's all doable to me and depending on how they do the sentients as a faction it could be pretty different from others railjack.

you could have a team assault on sentients in space outside of your ship and say a team of two players have to fight outside while a pilot and gunner stay on their railjack to defend and assault team would have to fly around fighting and board the enemy ship to disable the enemy crew and take a weapon offline before it targets and destroys your teams railjack.

maybe they introduce more weapons that have sentient damage to them like the paracesis sword or some cheaper form of umbral mods or a bane of sentients mod would be a pretty good choice.

Edited by (PS4)SlyFox5679

19 hours ago, Aldain said:

I suggested sometime ago that I wanted a boss like the level-3 boss of R-Type. The boss is a massive ship which you have to destroy/break down piece by piece. Anyway a  large infested ship really works well with that idea.

It's almost a year since TennoCon 2018 and there has been  no appearance of Railjack or The New War. To be honest, I thought that they were being a little bit to ambitious for trying to release them both before TennoCon 2019 and I say this because of how long the Sacrifice took. I think that the problem here is that DE is trying to make this elaborate thing to surprise everyone, but it may not being going so well. If that is the case, then I think they should just own up to that. Many a time they have released things that don't hit the mark. In that case, I say that they should release it and work on it with our continuous feedback.

I say all this because out of TennoCon 2018 it was only Railjack that interested me and a lot of Tenno, I'm not waiting for The New War or the Jupiter update.

• Like 1