Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acceptable use of Macros/ limiting use of Macros

Umbranoir

I don't post often though I've been around a long time. I don't often complain and often view those who do complain with some sort of scepticism and doubt that what they are complaining about is really worth the trouble to complain about it. I'm sure a lot of people reading this is going to follow suit with my general outlook but I physically find myself tired of playing this game as intended when a solid 8/10 times that Public playing comes into the equation, I'm met with a slap in the face and an angry Rhino yelling "Get a slide attack macro and a max range whip or GTFO". Ofcourse I view these things as cheap and gimmicky but when the alternative is Play alone or plod along after an MLG Leet Kid, performing 100 spins a second and clearing the map the game becomes less of a game and more of a Ubisoft AC generic follow mission on repeat. Last I checked Macros weren't against any rules as there is legitimate use for them but this is perhaps a step too far. It'd be great to see some form of limitation or acceptable use rulings on these that doesn't include turning into a map clearing blender at the click of a button. 

• Like 1

Oh wow, people are still doing that?

Honestly, I'm not so sure what can be done, even without macros the tactic will still be extremely effective, though I suppose cutting them out might make it slightly less appealing?... It's a difficult thing to enforce for reasons I'm sure you're already aware of though. I actually thought that the line-of-sight nerf to melee would've cut down on it.

The topic of 'that one guy' trivializing the game for everyone else by destroying everything is definitely a frequently recurring one, but nonetheless one that I really do believe has some merit. You can argue for or against exploitative builds and gimmicky setups, but at the end of the day, it really is best for everyone if we can all enjoy the game together.

The only thing I can really see truly helping is a complete rework of the way enemies and damage scale in the game, but since that's a massive undertaking and probably won't happen any time soon, all we can really do is deal with it, pray for considerate players, or avoid public (which I already tend to do myself sadly).

As a small poke...lets pair up and tell me what missions you will like to do and I will absolutely ensure you never get more than 10% of the kills even without spin 2 win.  I have at least a dozen ways to do it.  Would you make a post on each of those?  Even if we had the exact same frame/weapons I would most likely still out kill you...would you then expect DE to add some new handicap against me for the argument "is best for everyone so we all can enjoy"?

What you are asking for is DE to make rules that benefit you (and people who think like you) specifically.  Phrases like "is best for everyone so we all can enjoy" is something I cannot get behind.   It falls in the same category as think of the children arguments.

Answer this "in a game where killing lots of stuff eventually gets you more power overtime, how do you expect a level playing field for all players"?   I play with a person who is MR27 and pretty much never forma's anything.  He has all his mods "tweaked" to get the most DPS w/ just a potato in his frame/weapon.   That is it.   By that very notion he effective DPS/utility on most frames is greatly reduced.   So...should my power be reduced because his power is reduced?

Edited by Chappie1975