Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Add Extraction Screens To All Missions?

B2-Banger

So, Solo Extraction, love it. It's a needed feature, but Host Migration is a failure. 100% a utter piece of S#&$e.

I'm not gonna bash on Solo-Extraction, it is amazing, but what happens afterwards is not. And, that's not the fault of solo extractions, its when Warframe attempts to switch host. When the Host extracts, any and all loot is voided each and every time, and often times the mission just fails, and you get nothing. No affinity, no items, nothing. And you've now just spent anywhere from 3 minutes (which isn't really a problem) to an hour and a half, nothing. Everything is just gone. Because, Warframe attempted to migrate host (And, failed, but let's be fair, it fails every time)

If you're doing Arbitration, you get a hard failure, you can redo the arbitration assuming the Arbitration is still up, but if you spent 40-50 minutes in Arbitration, and all your endo, sculptures and mods just go to the void, it kinda sucks.

Void Fissures: "#*!% YOU" You lose everything, all your primes. forma, affinity, and even your relics. Because, its totally okay to lose both your primes and your relics, though where did the relics go? and where did the primes go? Probably the void like everything else.

ESO?  If a host migration occurs, all your rewards from prior? gone, all your focus? gone.

And its not all endless missions, defenses generally tend to work, when they attempt to host migrate, besides when they don't (All those failed host migrations, where the defense no longer spawns mobs making it impossible to progress besides Hard Aborting and failing and losing all your loot and affinity anyways)

Its just all the new Endless Missions where you can solo extract.

I'm not saying we should remove solo-extraction, that's not a solution. What I propose instead, is to prevent Digital Enterprises from ever attempting to Host Migrate.

No but seriously, would it hurt to add one of those void fissure unlocking moments? the 5 second countdown and time stop, where you can choose to extract with your host (And mark hosts with like a gold star or something)

That would be nice, because Host Migration sucks, and you, Digital Enterprises, have never succeeded at host migrations. So give up.

Jokes aside, I think its crucially important at this point, to inform players of the dangers of Host Migration: Provide extraction screens when a host is leaving, mark host players in a way that allows players to see their host is extracting, and once all this information is available, players then get to make an educated decision within 10 seconds, on whether to gamble: to extract with the host and have no problems? or take a chance (which they shouldn't) and continue on with the mission with the remaining team members of whom are not host.

Normally you see the timer tick down, and you'd get a chance to run to extraction, but when the extraction location is more than 50 seconds away even while bullet jumping for dear life, that is pretty S#&$.

And sensible people who would use the amazing communication feature called "Chat" to say, they would like to leave or need to leave. They don't, like ever, even if you ask how long they want to stay; 20 seconds later you see they wandered off and leave on their own. And, that's fair, there's no need to communicate with your team members (it would be nice). But, there is no requirement or rule in some community guideline that states you need to communicate whether you want to leave a mission or not. In fact, it would be ridiculous to impose that players need permission to extract. BUT, DE you suck at Host Migrations. And this, THIS is why its not okay. At least give me a /Extract_W.Host or something. /Extract With Host, etc.

P.S. Also is it weird to anyone that the host can extract in a void fissure mission and get all the rewards, even from other people's relics, but when the rest of the team crash because of host migration, they lose both their relics, and don't get their rewards? (Where did the host get his rewards from? where did our relics go?) Or if a Host D/Cs all the players lose their rewards?

Its about 50/50 whether Warframe decides to properly migrate hosts in void missions, but I always found it odd. That DE still migrates hosts.

• Like 1

Just happened to me at Arbitration, 40 minutes in and someone decides to extract, obviously this person was the host, and migration failed leaving me with no loot.

My new rule when playing missions that allow single extraction: if the "extracting" message appears just run to the extraction zone - probably I will not reach it sometimes as the timer is pretty short but better try to get there than sit around and hope that it's not the host that's extracting 😞

This has been a consistent problem for a very long time. I'm not sure why it hasn't been fixed, but a QoL update that fixed just this one thing would be well received. I think they've tried to fix it in the past, so I sort of wonder if they have any idea how it can be fixed at all.

One of the reasons I never play public games unless I find one other person to create a group with, only way to make certain I can trust the host. Wish they would allow people to manually Host public games (without leaving it up to chance) and create loot checkpoints in endless type missions.

I stop endless missions long before they become a challenge because it feels more like a chicken race against DCs/crashes than actual difficulty.

Whenever anyone solo extracts, triggering their extract timer should also trigger a "write rewards to all accounts" process. That way, even if it is the host, and things break badly and you are kicked to your orbiter, everything up until the moment that extraction was triggered is already committed to your account (I mean everything - even if you're halfway through a rotation). 

Assuming they don't do the smart thing and implement the Extract Or Battle thing for all endless types, which is the easiest most obvious solution. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

8 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Whenever anyone solo extracts, triggering their extract timer should also trigger a "write rewards to all accounts" process. That way, even if it is the host, and things break badly and you are kicked to your orbiter, everything up until the moment that extraction was triggered is already committed to your account (I mean everything - even if you're halfway through a rotation).  

Assuming they don't do the smart thing and implement the Extract Or Battle thing for all endless types, which is the easiest most obvious solution. 

I like the idea of archiving information, specifically data relating to mission completion and loot security. Certainly it is possible since Warframe does actually record information (just in forms often disadvantageous to players)

Nightwaves accredit their standing across the account/globally when it happens. I remember specifically a D/C occurred during a mission, and I lost everything, all my affinity, all my relics, all my credits endo etc. BUT, I did get that 100-150 nightwave standing from refugees (yay~..........), and I completed the daily getting another 1k. So in the middle of a mission, Warframe DID record some form of event occurring, and properly assigned rewards based upon the event's outcome. Just not anything else...

But, that is my own individual occurrence, and it only happened once.  A small sample size. I can't even imagine what it would be like for a player if they didn't get their Nightwave standing. Given that Nightwaves are currently the only way to obtain umbra forma. I can't even begin to believe it hasn't happened, that a Glitch like that did occur. Or perhaps maybe my situation was a glitch. I don't know. I like the idea of archiving, and I think it should be the case. If nothing else, Warframe should handle rewards in a new way. Either more layers to prevent loss, or some way beyond our current system.

This form of Data writing is probably a strong defense mechanism. As it would also potentially help people when they hard disconnect, as their information was stored somewhere prior. If they write data when someone is attempting to extract, or during rotation completion, it would provide a lot of insurance. Though I'm not sure where they'd record this data, whether on a server (or more likely on your computer) and I worry about the hardware issues as well. Though they already store data on your PC, I believe they store crash logs and damage taken logs if you've died.

There are issues with it - anything stored on your PC is potentially something you can mess with (so if you're the type to do so, you could change that Paris Prime Limb to, I dunno, Chroma Prime Systems or something I guess). I think it would have to be a server side thing to prevent an...uh...enterprising sort from developing a way to trigger a host migration and then rewrite all their rewards to better stuff.

But having redundant records indicating "this account had these rewards at the moment the migration began" seems like an approach to the loss of rewards on a host migration. I just don't know if it's possible for the write-out of reward info to happen fast enough to beat the sudden loss of the host. Almost seems like the game should be steadily caching progress information to temporary storage the entire time you play, and only use it if there's a host loss. If everything goes normally, then the host's game state information is used. If there's a loss of host, then you get whatever was written up to that point.