Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazard and Griefing

TennoClock

Okay, I know there are posts commending the sortie Radiation Hazard because of the 'fun' it adds.  DE makes an awesome PVE game, almost strictly keeping PVP out of all content except for explicit PVP modes/missions - namely conclave and in special dojo locations.  The Radiation Hazard (and radiation effect from lasers) introduces a PVP aspect where it shouldn't.  I normally don't care, I've even accidentally killed people (and the objective-thanks Octavia pre-knowing).  When players start purposefully getting the radiation debuff and killing teammates multiple times, it becomes griefing.  I usually bring a frame that has the ability to ignore status effects (Nezha, Rhino, Inaros, etc), so at least I do my part to not grief other players.  It would be awesome if this effort was reciprocated, instead of bringing frames and gear to purposefully do the opposite.

I think it would be nice to either remove this PVP/grief potential or require both players to have the debuff in order to activate PVP.  Anywho, just thought I give my 2 cents.  Does this constitute as a valid reason to report players for harassment/griefing?  Meh, DE what is your stance?

Please do not post replies like, "get a sense of humor" or some unnecessary comment.  If DE ignores this post, that's an enough of a slap-in-the-face.  Thank you 😛

If they are purposely griefing, your best bet is to record a video of it and submit it to support. AFAIK, DE doesn't take too kindly to griefing and harassing.

Also, if you have Revenant, try using him. I heard his Mesmer Skin can give those griefer a taste of their own medicine.

This really is on DE's plate at the end of the day. They introduced the mechanic, to get players more involved in the mission and slightly terrified that one mistake on their part would kill another player or mission objective, that mechanic got abused egregiously by trolls and griefers, and DE's done nearly nothing to alter or change it to stop the trolling/griefing.

Here's a simple suggestion, DE. "Rad-Link". When a Player with Rad Proc kills another Player or Damages an Objective, they IMMEDIATELY go down (and Lose Radiation Proc). This will incorporate the mission design of "Careful where you shoot/cast" you initially wanted, but also severely punish anyone trying to Grief. At the end of the day they can only Grief so many times before the Squad stops picking them up, and they run out of Revives.

2 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I play with Oberon to forcefully remove any radiation proc from any ally so they don't even dare. 😄

Oh!  I didn't think about that, I'll give it a look-see 😄 ty!

2 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

If they are purposely griefing, your best bet is to record a video of it and submit it to support. AFAIK, DE doesn't take too kindly to griefing and harassing.

Also, if you have Revenant, try using him. I heard his Mesmer Skin can give those griefer a taste of their own medicine.

By the time I think about reacting is usually too late.  It's either the end of the mission or after the fact.  I also can't normally pinpoint who is the one killing because it can get hectic.  Haha I've been tempted to report all the players and let DE figure out who was the one doing the griefing... but meh, I'd probably get dinged for abusing the system >.< haha

1 hour ago, Tangent-Valley said:

This really is on DE's plate at the end of the day. They introduced the mechanic, to get players more involved in the mission and slightly terrified that one mistake on their part would kill another player or mission objective, that mechanic got abused egregiously by trolls and griefers, and DE's done nearly nothing to alter or change it to stop the trolling/griefing.

Here's a simple suggestion, DE. "Rad-Link". When a Player with Rad Proc kills another Player or Damages an Objective, they IMMEDIATELY go down (and Lose Radiation Proc). This will incorporate the mission design of "Careful where you shoot/cast" you initially wanted, but also severely punish anyone trying to Grief. At the end of the day they can only Grief so many times before the Squad stops picking them up, and they run out of Revives.

I gave your idea some thought but this reminded me of another game I played where the player who did the killing would get marked or penalized.  I would see them purposefully kill other players without consideration that it hurt them as well - as long as it griefed their target.  So I think a Rad-Link might not do too much to dissuade trolls?  Along this same line, I gave thought to my suggestion of both players needing the debuff, and it still has room for griefing.  I can imagine the troll sitting in a radiation cloud waiting for his prey to come along and pass through the cloud and plink them as they go by.  Bleh!  I can't think of any way to keep the damage-other-player mechanic without calling it PVP or player griefing.

Perhaps one possibility is if they were to get rid of the player damage mechanic, but utilize the mechanic of the radiation proc on NPCs.  On NPCs who have the proc, they start shooting at other NPCs and vice versa.  So if a player has a radiation proc, then all enemies within a radius are alerted to the player and target them with a bonus to accuracy.  If multiple players are affected by radiation, then the enemies will focus on the nearest player.

Another possibility, players with the radiation debuff do 25% damage - similar to the extinguished dragon key.  Although this mechanic has nothing to do with the current proc'd mechanics, it still emphasizes a detriment of being affected by the radiation hazard - without affecting other players... other than being somewhat useless.

DE?  Whacha think? 😄  poke poke poke prod prod prod nudge nudge nudge    o.O    O.O    O.o