The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Changes To Vauban.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Okay I’m sure a lot of people know that Vauban is almost the most useless if not THE most useless warframe. This is coming from somebody who is MR 27, used every warframe at least 100x and believes every warframe has a purpose. 

For starters his most useless ability(somewhat) is his forth. All it does is sucks enemies into it. Can’t do anything else. With maxed range it can grab lots of enemies and put them into one place for you to unleash some explosive damage. But that is it. But with walls and other obstacles in the way, it is kind of still useless.

My problem is that it is a FORTH ability, third or second ability I would let slide, but a FORTH? That only change/addition I suggest is making it where when the timer reaches zero it explodes and deals damage to all enemies caught in it based on the amount of enemies and time spent absorbing them. Like if it pulls in 20 enemies, and does 100 damage per enemy, then the explosion does 2,000 damage to all of them. Maybe the longer they are in it, it adds like 50 more damage per second. Obviously power strength would play a role. 

Third ability is... ok... but I feel that it needs just a bit more duration. Kind of hard to keep that ability active while trying to maintain a decent amount of range. Decent as in it can actually grab enemies. Most of them keep their distance so only the infested tend to get captured more. But with limbo and gara, this ability is very obsolete. Not because theirs are both forth abilities, but because his is really weak. 

Second ability. This one I believe just needs a slight buff. Like the Shred does more damage. The trip laser could cause a temporary dizziness from the concussion caused by the trip. The bounce pads do need to be a bit more clear cause sometimes these things become good trolling methods. Maybe players bounced in the air gain more damage and range in their melee slams?

First ability, now this one doesn’t give me too much issues but it would be nice that if you place multiples in the same spot and they all zap the enemy/s that come near them, they would cause a little paralyzation.

Now the Trip Laser would be cool if combined with the mines, where tripping them would make the nearby mines go off. Similar to how the first augment makes them form a barrier. It could be an augment where these separate abilities or traps could be combined. They sort of can already but I mean as in bonus effects as a result. Like tripping over the laser and hitting the bounce pad would knock them further and inflict more impact damage. 

Also it be nice if holding the button down is what switches the second ability around. Cause most abilities you just tap them and when I’m trying to quickly place multiples of those traps it is hard and annoying when me tapping the button out of habit just to realize nothing was thrown. Ivara’s arrows are one thing since you hold them to shoot anyways. But vauban should be quicker to deploy. So holding down switches while tapping deploys. That in my opinion would be better. Well mine and like a dozen other guys I know who’ve used Vauban. 

Just saying.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Not sure if you know but Vauban is getting a whole kit overhaul. He will be more of an offensive engineer.

I’ve heard rumors of it but until I see an actual unedited video of DE stating that it is going to happen, I’m not gonna believe what other players say. Also it doesn’t hurt anybody to give suggestions on more than one way to upgrade, change, or improve a warframe or weapon. Something that DE could take in consideration if not for the warframe that they suggested it to, maybe for another future warframe in the making. 

It's in latest devstream ( in first quarter of video I guess ) , Scott says Vauban is getting rework to kit because game is fast paced more than ever now and his static gameplay doesn't keep up with current flow.

Ofcourse you can give suggestions. I wasn't trying to stop you , just wanted to say all abilities you mentioned might not be in his new kit. I should have been more clear , sorry for that.

As for feedback to your ideas , I like them. Its cool to combine Trip Lasers and other grenades to build traps. More CC and utility tied together. :D

6 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

It's in latest devstream ( in first quarter of video I guess ) , Scott says Vauban is getting rework to kit because game is fast paced more than ever now and his static gameplay doesn't keep up with current flow.

Ofcourse you can give suggestions. I wasn't trying to stop you , just wanted to say all abilities you mentioned might not be in his new kit. I should have been more clear , sorry for that.

As for feedback to your ideas , I like them. Its cool to combine Trip Lasers and other grenades to build traps. More CC and utility tied together. 😄

The one thing everybody can agree on when it comes to texting and typing, is that you can’t read emotions behind them. I wasn’t implying you were thinking anything negative. So no need to apologize though I do appreciate the respect. I didn’t get a chance to see the latest stream but it is nice to know they are acknowledging Vauban’s slacking behind in this fast pace game. I used to use Vauban for Heiracon to keep infested off of multiple excavators. But that is all he was really good for. So I’m glad DE is planning to improve his kit. Be nice to start using him again. Gets kind of boring using the same few warframes for every mission, but I like to avoid the stress of failing if it can be completely avoided. Finally got that annoying Wolf Sledge Hammer. So I’m in a positive mood.