Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its been a while, how does nekros' 3 work now?

lindenbrock

Question

The title is a bit misleading, i know the basics of how his 3 works. Im not sure if this is indeed a bug though so im not going to post in the bug forums.

From what ive seen and from what others have told me you are limited to cutting enemies into 2 parts, meaning up to 2 drops per enemy. The glaxion however is supposed to generate an extra corpse, meaning 2 corpses X 2 pieces per for 4 potential drops per enemy. It even states on it's wiki page that it is great for nekros due to the extra corpse, and i asked someone in a discord server im in who also told me it used to work like this. However, i did 4 runs of 20 heavy gunners in the simulcrum and only managed to get 3 drops (2 energy/health orbs and an ammo drop) twice while never getting 4 drops. I then switched to my vectis p and managed to get 3 drops with that as well. This is only counting the delayed drops, the ones that appear due to his 3, not the initial pickup that drops immediately. This seems like a bug because the glaxion doesnt generate more drops, but the fact that the vectis can generate as many as the glaxion makes me think that maybe DE just changed it at some point because 4 drops per enemy was too many

Edited by lindenbrock

10 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Artlor said:

the chance for more drops. It sounds like you are just getting unlucky.

I know its not guaranteed, otherwise id be complaining that i killed 80+ heavies and never got a single instance of 4 drops when it is a guaranteed drop per each piece of an enemy. Your post doesnt explain how im getting 3 drops with a vectis. If the max with weapons other than the glaxion is 2 pieces then 3 extra drops is impossible. You either roll and get 1 extra drop from one of the 2 parts, or one drop from each part for 2 extra drops total.

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

so some times you just get nothing

I killed 80+ heavies in just this test session, not to mention that he was one of my first few frames and ive been playing off and on since 2013. Im aware of how it works. This also didnt answer my questions: "does the glaxion create 4 pieces to be rerolled?" and "cutting enemy into 2 pieces; why am i getting 3 extra drops?"

Edited by lindenbrock

To my understanding 3 should be the most we can have drop from 1 enemy. 

One from the first kill, one from desecrating the original corpse, and the last from desecrating the extra corpse or dismembered limbs (more dismembered parts count towards more desecrate targets)

The Glaxion creates one extra corpse to reroll (total 2 corpses) since a weapon needs over 50% of its damage to be slash to dismember and Glaxion having no IPS damage is unable to do so.

Edited by Khaomens

19 minutes ago, lindenbrock said:

I killed 80+ heavies in just this test session, not to mention that he was one of my first few frames and ive been playing off and on since 2013. Im aware of how it works. This also didnt answer my questions: "does the glaxion create 4 pieces to be rerolled?" and "cutting enemy into 2 pieces; why am i getting 3 extra drops?"

No idea.... I always only get 2 Pieces when I Slice Enemies. 

Then theres how they die, in some cases a body cant be desecrated, theres nothing left or you werent in range in time to get it, like arca plasmor vaporizes everything & saryns mega doom ability, leaves no bodies & the time frame to desecrate decreases, especially if you didnt even know they were there.

Same with frosts avalanche, breaks bodies up & in a wide enough area you wont even be near the bodies in time unless you can match the range of these abilities & have desecrate on constantly, then theres the random null abilities that stop it that you may not notice in the frenzy of murder & loot splosions, times like this im glad I remember the old way it worked where you had to keep recasting it to get the effect, so now randomly ill recast Desecrate in those brief few seconds of downtime.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

unless you can match the range of these abilities & have desecrate on constantly

This is basically what i did. It was originally a solely desecrate range build but i hybridized it and put Shield of Shadows in there. I still have lots of range though, but that doesnt matter as all of this was done solo in my simulcrum

My pc hates recording stuff so its not pretty, but this is what im talking about (skip to around 10 seconds before the end). I shoot with my vectis, the heavy is still in one piece, it drops ammo, then i reroll it and get 2 orbs and another ammo drop. Thats 3 extra drops from what looks to be one piece. Now that ive been messing with it more im pretty sure its a bug, but im not certain as i stopprd using him after i had stockpiled far more resources than i thought id ever need. clearly i was wrong as now im trying to min max him as a farm frame

EDIT: well apparently the single important part got cut off, i hate video recording/editing. give me a few

2nd Edit: Fixed it, now its just 20 seconds or so of the important bit

Edited by lindenbrock

Shooting Enemy with Cold Proc on has similar effect as Slash. Vectis is Puncture Weapon. In Settings Gore must be enabled to get multiple parts from Enemy.

Nekros needs “fresh flesh” every second to get max. Shadows are sometimes contra productive because summoned Allies don’t deal Slash or deal Dmg not friendly with Desecrate like Blast.

NO TO ARCA PLASMOR 

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099