The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tokyo Ghoul Reference?

Clampet546

Disclaimer:

"Warframe" lore and "Tokyo Ghoul" (anime) lore are completely separate and have no connections whatsoever. This just looking at both of their universes through a merged perspective for which I'm sharing my thoughts. This should not be taken too seriously, but just for fun.  

So I recently completed watching Season 2 of the anime "Tokyo Ghouls", and when I rewatched a few of the Nightwave clips, I noticed something... 

TUbYG4a.jpg 

Did you notice it? If you've watched any episode of Tokyo Ghoul, then you have probably noticed the black & red eyes, which in the anime is the first detail that classifies an individual as ghoul or human. 

Here's a comparison (Look at their eyes): 

9WjKYzQ.jpg

So... Time for some fan-lore: 

Let's consider the Tokyo Ghoul timeline to be in the past, and the Warframe timeline in the future. In the Warframe universe there is primarily Tenno, Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Sentient and Orokin; and in the Tokyo Ghoul universe there is CCG, Ghouls, and Civilians. If we merge these two universes and take into account what I mentioned before about their timelines, then in my opinion the Tenno are CCG, Grineer are Ghouls, Orokin are 'most' of the civilians, and Corpus are 'some' of the civilians. I'll get to the Sentient and Infested in a moment. As time passed, it is possible that the Kagune (weapons that are inside the bodies of ghouls and usually look like Nidus' tentacles) managed to develop their own consciousness and disconnected form their hosts by exiting their Kagune sacs. If this is the case, then they can now be a separate faction called "Infestation". Once they left their Kagune sacs, they'd have still needed a body to build a symbiotic relationship. They'd have done this by overpowering their ghoul hosts and taking them into control, and in the process some of them might have escaped because of not having enough Grineer to latch onto since they've probably evacuated. How would the Infestation escape? Well... two ways; the first way it could've happened is the Infestation latching onto the Grineer once they have already evacuated, through which they'd spread wherever they ventured. The second way is that other Grineer or Corpus may've approached the infested are to enquire. So this is how the "Infestation" has formed. 

YKCNkOk.jpg

So what happened to the non-infested Grineer escapees? They are now ghouls without a Kagune and unable to regenerate;so they build new and independent gulags in space to live there. I should've probably mentioned this before: The Grineer also divided into different variants based on the Geography of their location or just merely their status. The Drekar, Arid, Tusk and Frontiers in their respective environments, whereas the Kuva in their own moving base and separated by status, being classified as elite. The Grineer eventually opted for cloning over natural reproduction to populate since it was more efficient and strongly supported combat, and Tyl Regor even went as far as turning a few of them into manics with his own enhancements. The Ghouls that were still able to stay in control of their Kagune are still called ghouls and roam the plains of Eidolon. They lived somewhat peacefully for a while until Vay Hek and his Tusk Grineers attempted to militarize them by modifying their Kagune and forcing them to clone... So they eventually came to look like this: 

gi1cyGG.jpg

Next, the CCG, which in the anime was the organisation with the objective to exterminate the Ghouls tried to follow the Grineer and were sent to space to find and exterminate them. In the process of doing so, they were struck by void energy through which there ship failed to function. As time passed after that, they learned to control there powers and learned that they could remotely control their quinques (weapons and armor made by the Kagune of dead ghouls and modified to serve the purpose of the CCG). Then they turned their Arata armour into Warframes and used a capsule-like chamber to focus their energy into the frames which will use the remaining quinques as weapons. As for the remaining CCG that stayed back on Earth, their quinques started to gain consciousness as well the same way the Ghouls' Kagune did. Since most of the quinques were modified the same way as other quinques, they all looked uniform after having latched onto the CCG soldiers, through which they eventually became the faction called "Sentient". As time progressed The larger quinques merged with other quinques to form Eidolons. There were three of them, the Teralyst, Gantulyst, and the Hydrolyst. The parts that broke off of them were collected by locals and became amps. 

Lastly, the Ostrons, Quills, and Solaris were the remaining citizen, especially the Solaris. The government of Solaris slowly became corrupt and divided them into Solaris and Corpus. 

I guess that's it from me... This information is put out pretty raw and a lot of it directly contradicts with Warframe's original lore, such as the formation of the infested which was made by one of the Grineer bio-engineers. I may have missed out on a lot of information as well. This was just for the purposes of entertainment so I didn't pay too much attention to Warframe's actual lore in my conscience. 

Thank you for reading and feel free to criticise this anyways... 🙂

Edited by Clampet546