Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith Vs Boar Prime [Not Fair]

Phoenix86

According to the wiki:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Strun_Wraith

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Boar_Prime

Strun Wraith blows Boar Prime out of the water big time...

i agree that Boar Prime looks badass and the full auto mechanic is awesome but...

It has less than half the dmg, it reloads 50% longer, doesnt come with self-slot nor self-potato... i'm sad :(

The strun wraith is a one time get only weapon "as far as anyone know" it shoud be bether than most other shotguns at the default shotgun role, the boar prime has just got released aswell so expect changes to it if the forum isnt happy

yep i know... but it's kinda A LOT better :/

why would a gun that you get from the void come with a slot and a potato..... 

yeah i know, it was just to point out all the differences...

they are complaining cause the first primes were slotted and potatod

nop, i was just pointing out all the differences, ofc i dont expect it to be slotted and potatoed...

but 72 dmg vs 190 is... too much difference.

Edited by Phoenix86

If you are Sad about this ... you should know that ....

"once upon a time" the HEK was most impresive weapon in the game.

Now its more like a joke since maximum of 6 shoots longer reload then strun wraith.

Or in one Sentence now its just a joke in DPS.

Edited by FouLou

This is how it should be, one time deal weapons from events have to be truly special to make you regret the fact you didn't take part in the event, I have all the weapons from event's because I really want something special, something that most people can't get, something to put me in the 10% of active community :)

If you are Sad about this ... you should know that ....

"once upon a time" the HEK was most impresive weapon in the game.

Now its more like a joke since maximum of 6 shoots longer reload then strun wraith.

Or in one Sentence now its just a joke in DPS.

yep, my beloved Hek is still there, taking dust after a potato and a forma, i'll never delete it, it was my first love here in warframe <3

Guys i DO AGREE that event weapons have to be stronger...

i'm just saying that the difference is too much 72 dmg vs 190 is around 150% dmg difference!!

I would have expected a difference... but like 30-50% hell even 70-80%... but i'm surprised is that much!

Good luck with that. People generally are under the impression that event-exclusive reward items should always be better than regular items, and think that it actually helps in making people keep playing instead of chasing new players away. Have fun with your Boar Prime, I'll enjoy my Strun Wraith and wave it in front of every newbie while sneering about my damage.

Good luck with that. People generally are under the impression that event-exclusive reward items should always be better than regular items, and think that it actually helps in making people keep playing instead of chasing new players away.

Pretty much. Never understood the logic behind it; I think Event Exclusives should be cosmetic and cosmetic alone. 

*prepares to be flamed*

the only weapon with all 3 versions is the braton, and the braton prime is better than the vandal...?

That's because when Brandal was released devs had a different weapon design philosophy (aka "sidegrades") but now it shifted to "upgrades" therefore Brandal owners should ask/demand for buff

That's because when Brandal was released devs had a different weapon design philosophy (aka "sidegrades") but now it shifted to "upgrades" therefore Brandal owners should ask/demand for buff

Too much effort for no real gain, IMO. As a general weapon, any iteration of the BRATON works well. Well, maybe Mk-1 is a little more niche, but generally speaking. I wouldn't like my Brandal to have 45 AI damage per shot or something ridiculous like that :P

I'm deeply disappointed in all of you....

Not a single one of you pointed out the Crit stats of the Boar Prime.

What kinda world do we live in.... my gods...

*walks away, clearly ashamed*

+5% crit isn't terribly noticable.

+20% crit damage is nice but it's less than half damage per shot.

You talk about a minisucle difference in crit like it's something and ignore that it fires a bit more than twice as fast... and that's always been the point of the Boar... It's an auto-shotty.

You talk about a minisucle difference in crit like it's something and ignore that it fires a bit more than twice as fast... and that's always been the point of the Boar... It's an auto-shotty.

.. funny, because the stats on the Prime are 25% chance and 200% dmg...

This is not a gun you set up like other Shotguns, you slam the Crit mods in there and watch as thing melt before you.

Edited by Arkfall

The Strun is better than the Boar Prime... What's your point?

you do not take in account Crit Chance/Damage (which only the Wraith version has)

thx

Too much effort for no real gain, IMO. As a general weapon, any iteration of the BRATON works well. Well, maybe Mk-1 is a little more niche, but generally speaking. I wouldn't like my Brandal to have 45 AI damage per shot or something ridiculous like that :P

I was thinking more of a crit damage/chance boost. Maybe to 10%-15%

So 25% Crit Rate and 200% Crit Damage paired with a FULL AUTO Fire Rate, that's insanely fast at that. Makes this wep entirely inviable because Straith is better? Keep in mind Straith falls off pretty hard CC wise while I can see this excelling due to its full auto nature. Straith and Boar Prime from the looks of it are now Crit Shotguns, the Crit Damage/Crit Rate paired with 120% Multishot and the 150% AP/150% Damage on Shotguns make Boar Prime more or less the best "Craftable NON PERMA RARE" Shotgun in the game. And Boar is kinda fun as hell to boot, what's funner that holding down the mouse button for 1 seconds and blasting away everything? Really can't figure out why people don't understand that DE seems to be taking the Crit Damage approach on almost every wep released so far in U10.

Oh and the extremely expensive approach... Embolist 7 Mutagen Mass's, 2 Forma. Dual Ichor 10 Mutagen Mass's and 2 Forma... Really?...

Edited by EinRyu

So 25% Crit Rate and 200% Crit Damage paired with a FULL AUTO Fire Rate, that's insanely fast at that. Makes this wep entirely inviable because Straith is better? Keep in mind Straith falls off pretty hard CC wise while I can see this excelling due to its full auto nature. Straith and Boar Prime from the looks of it are now Crit Shotguns, the Crit Damage/Crit Rate paired with 120% Multishot and the 150% AP/150% Damage on Shotguns make Boar Prime more or less the best "Craftable NON PERMA RARE" Shotgun in the game. And Boar is kinda fun as hell to boot, what's funner that holding down the mouse button for 1 seconds and blasting away everything? Really can't figure out why people don't understand that DE seems to be taking the Crit Damage approach on almost every wep released so far in U10.

Oh and the extremely expensive approach... Embolist 7 Mutagen Mass's, 2 Forma. Dual Ichor 10 Mutagen Mass's and 2 Forma... Really?...

ehm... is this your answer to my statement "Why is there a 150% dmg difference between boar prime and strun wraith? i think it's unfair" ??

'cause you are talking about stuff that are not related at all