Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit Taker and RAM

CosmicHermitCrab

I used to have 8GB of RAM when I did Profit Taker (bounty 4) and I would get weird stutters and fps drops, probably from a memory leak. However, when I installed 16GB of RAM, my performance improved for Profit Taker, and now it's very smooth. The minimum requirements to play Warframe is now 8GB of RAM; however, it doesn't appear to be enough for Profit Taker. I tried many solutions with the 8GB of RAM, trying to fix corrupted memory (but there was no corrupted memory to be found), using virtual memory, and even making the graphic options disabled/low. If y'all want to say 8GB of RAM is good enough to play Warframe, I suggest fixing Profit Taker...

Otherwise, I suggest most players that want smooth minimum performance on Warframe to have at least 16GB or maybe 12GB of RAM...

Wish I posted this when Fortuna Feedback was a thing, but I was enjoying myself with the 16GB of RAM for the past few months...

Edited by CrystalSpark

21 minutes ago, CrystalSpark said:

If y'all want to say 8GB of RAM is good enough to play Warframe, I suggest fixing Profit Taker...

My toaster can take the Profit Taker with only 4 gig of RAM. It's not 60fps for sure (but stable 30fps that also results from a HD5750 and an AMD Athlon x4 640 3GHz)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

to be fair, if you're just getting frame drops and lag spikes, then technically the game is still running, just not running well. minimum specs is the bare minimum. if you want it to run well the recommended specs is where you should be looking. also, if frame dropping bothers you, i highly do not recommend playing warframe on a potato with 4GB of DDR2 RAM like i was up until a month ago.

With 8GB of RAM, I was able to do Eidolon Plains (including TriCaps) with no problem, same for normal missions from space chart, with 60 fps. Just seems odd that 8GB of RAM is sufficient for most of the game's missions, except this very one. Also, you can't really get lag spikes if you are host...

Also, the stuttering was so bad I would teleport around the map (including as host)...it wasn't just fps drops, something is wrong with the optimization of Profit Taker's code.

Edited by CrystalSpark