Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saturn Six Fugitive Invulnerability Problems

Out of the 4 times that I've encountered the Wolf 2 of these times have been very recent. With the Amalgamated Wolf prowling around the system, there's the off chance that you'll run into him, this time with lackeys. The Saturn Six Fugitives weren't too much of a problem at stages of the event, but they've only become much, much worse as you get higher into the levels. After basically being pub-stomped by these Molotov chuckers in a Hydron run with an unleveled Baruuk & an unleveled weapon that can't dent the Wolf at all, I'd like to kindly ask whose idea it was to make these guys completely impervious to damage? Them being at level 70 or 75, you can bet all your platinum that I went down way too many times, even the squad I was in got completely annihilated. Not being able to damage them at all to relieve some pressure while also handling the Wolf & the oncoming hordes of Grineer (Not that they're even difficult to deal with) IS NOT good game design. But...What do I know? I'm just some random schmuck that doesn't tote around a Pyrana Prime whenever I go leveling.

• Like 1

Its no solution to the issue, because I think they "should" be killable.

But I always carry a "safety gun" which is a completely leveled, formed and modded gun, specifically for taking out the wolf or other assassins when I'm leveling new things. Its not a perfect solution but it works for me.

That safety weapon is sucking up 33% of incoming affinity if you have a full loadout and 50% if you're taking just the weapon to level with you.  It's pretty big waste if all you're trying to do is to level a weapon to forma it or post forma so that you can get back to whatever you were doing in the game with that leveled weapon.

This isn't even a question of min-maxing or efficiency or any of the other bugaboos for folks.  I've found that a fun way to level a new weapon is to take it to normal missions like fissures with no other weapons equipped - you get a feel for it as you level it.  That process is much slower, 3x slower, if you do it with other weapons equipped.

Your suggestion isn't a bad one, I certainly did that until well into the post starchart game.  It's just that there are good reasons for not taking unnecessary weapons along too.

None of this would be a problem if not for a very poorly done invasion mechanic - the Wolf.  The sheer tankiness makes it either an unfun grind of a fight or a triviality if equipped for it.  I generally quit out immediately when he shows up since it's also the point at which the mission goes to S#&$ as some folks chase him around, others decide to get on with the mission ... if that's even possible given where you are.

The Wolf is an interesting contrast to Stalker and the others.  On one hand he has clearly telegraphed attacks and good signposting with high damage on attack - a very big improvement on the others - but on the other hand is incredibly tanky to the point of why am I wasting time on this - and the diluted and boring drop table doesn't help answer that question in a way that means you shouldn't just insta abort the mission.