Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A thought about tennogen system.

-Gii

First. I just joined this community for almost a year. This is a great game, great community and the cosmetic is awesome.

But, after several tennogen rounds, I feel that the voting system for tennogen skin has problems..

I know about the rule that the content must be appropriate to be accepted, but the term appropriate isn't quite clear from what I see.

The voting system is probably make to gather the people thought to know what people like and want it to be in-game. But even when the skin is greatly endorsed but if it is not count as appropriate then it will be rejected and changed.

What I think the artist have to do: They must bend their vision and creative to be considered as appropriate while they have to meet what people want in the new version. (even though the other people already love to see the old version make it into the game).

From the user view: They want to see the current version in-game, they vote for it. But then the artist has to change to meet the requirements. But their vote isn't updated and left there as if they also like the new version when they're actually not.

Those thoughts make me feel like the voting system is completely meaningless since it doesn't reflect what people wants.

I really want to hear from the other's opinion (both the normal users and the artists if possible) about this. The opinions of the people can make this great community better and better.

Thank you for spending your time and reading this.

Best regards and have a great day.

Edited by -Gii
  • Like 2

I also see many problems with how items are accepted, but the big problem I see is not knowing exactly what gets the item past the checks and being accepted into the game. Of course some things are known(No Sentient Based Skins, No Gold Metal because of Primes, and no Dax Based Skins), but other are arbitrary at best and artistic destruction at worse. There are a lot of works out on the Workshop currently that deserve to get in, but they haven't for an unknown reason that is either bias on their part or another unknown factor.

I don't know exactly what they could do to free up how these skins get accepted into the game, but I hope something happens.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

If you are talking about the voting system on Steam; it has nothing to do with what gets picked to be ingame. 

If the thing is like what Leyvonne said. It's really sad because it means the system disregards what people want (at least for people who using Steam) and even worse, those skins are sold through Steam.

7 hours ago, TheRetrobution said:

I also see many problems with how items are accepted, but the big problem I see is not knowing exactly what gets the item past the checks and being accepted into the game. Of course some things are known(No Sentient Based Skins, No Gold Metal because of Primes, and no Dax Based Skins), but other are arbitrary at best and artistic destruction at worse. There are a lot of works out on the Workshop currently that deserve to get in, but they haven't for an unknown reason that is either bias on their part or another unknown factor.

I don't know exactly what they could do to free up how these skins get accepted into the game, but I hope something happens. 

Yes. That's why I said it wasn't cleared what is appropriate or not.

Some people says that if you don't like the new look, just don't buy it. But the real purpose of those skin is to be bought and decorating the warframes, and the one who buy it are the members of this community. They should have the power to pick what they want to be in-game or not, right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-27 at 7:26 AM, TheRetrobution said:

The Nidus Night Hunter skin was rejected at first, and accepted after changes. Hitsu San had to rework his skin for Nyx several times and it took over a year. I wanted that skin in its first iteration and don't want it now. That's a shame, I thought it looked awesome. Many people were disappointed

But, once an item is accepted into the game, it's there forever. So it makes sense for DE to be selective about what they want in their game. It has to meet the criteria

It can be discouraging to spend a lot of time and effort on something only for it to be rejected, but it seems par for the course and it can be hit or miss. The rules aren't entirely clear, and they shouldn't be because if they were, that could cause things to become samey and boring as everyone knows what to do. If it's vague, that keeps the creative output diverse as well

Edited by SpiralViper