Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti-Gta:v Pc Version Petition...wat.

GordusLux

On Change.org there is a petition with almost 11k signatures at the time of this post for an anti-GTA:V pc release. Just type in: "Rockstar Games: Don't make a PC version of GTA V". I think we are dealing with some really hardcore console elitists here, with their argument being "so PC gamers stop stealing games." Like...what? Last time I checked, piracy was everywhere. Thought I'd mention this, I dunno if it's trolling or if people are truly THIS upset about PC gamers. I personally enjoy both platforms, I only care about the games. It's nice when PC gets a good port (if it was originally released on consoles) and has full controller support and what not, but this petition isn't gonna make that any easier. Kinda irks me that there are THAT many ignorant people out there.

... Alright, I started as a console gamer and continued on for a good number of years.  About year ago or so I started playing Warframe which led me to start playing more and more PC games.  Not once when I strictly played on consoles did I resent PC, and not once since I started playing more and more PC games did I resent consoles.

I don't understand why people need to bicker.. (Well I do understand why actually, but regardless my point stays the same).

We are all apart of a community that loves video games... different games, but games nonetheless.  Why bother biting at each other's throats?  We catch enough flak outside of the community by people who don't understand why we like games.

I don't give a S#&$ if PC has better specs and more games,  I don't give a S#&$ about console exclusives.  I just want to enjoy playing a game.

What are those filthy peasants thinking, rebelling against the superior race?

we should rape their village and pillage their women!

131229934425.png

Edited by GIMO

Woah, woah, woah, there buddy. I want a PC version as much as everyone, even though Rockstar's controversy around PC gaming is rather annoying and stupid, as all other developers who gave up the PC platform for the dumbest reasons above all. And that reason being piracy: Why do many developers abduct PC gaming because of piracy?

Here are the many reasons why many people pirate games nowadays:

1) Money - There are plenty of games that don't meet our expectations for the price.

2) Forms of payment - There are countries AND countries; Or people AND people.

3) Optimization - If their game is a rushed PC port, it won't do them any good.

4) Restrictions - Speaks for itself. (DRM; Country ratings; etc.)

5) Bad policy - Oh, they get trashed over by this.

Overall, there are many reasons that companies do not see besides their own belly button. And I'm pretty sure console piracy also exists. It's not like I haven't heard of it multiple times, since I was born. This battle between PC and Consoles is $&*&*#(%& as Apple vs. Samsung, for example. They exist to create whatever they want for the public, as they want it; however they want it; when they want it. Problem is the money smells better than the product itself, so nowadays these products come as deceiving, rather than working as they should.

Stop producing visual output devices like monitors! They are cheaper than TVs! Stop PC gamers from playing cheaper!

Stop putting DVD in computers! It only leads to piracy!

Restrict Internet to consoles only! Stop piracy!

You know you don't need DVD inputs to actually pirate, right?

Oh, wait. You're just joking. Go on ahead.

Do any of these petition ever get through? I must have seen tons of these and they never get anywhere.

By law apparently, electronic signatures are held on the same standard as handwritten signatures. I'm not sure if a company has to legally recognize these petitions though...I'm not sure what power some site like change.org even has. What I do know however, is that by the same logic of these people signing this petition, there should be petitions against all forms of media distribution on different platforms. It's like someone who buys CD's making a petition against a record company to not release an artist's music digitally because everyone who buys .mp3s is a pirate.