Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion So That People Stop Complaining About Devs Not Reading Forums

lautalocos

if you go to torment tides of numenera forums, you will find probably the best forum design ever.

the devs have the option to add to each topic a tag:

default is not seen, then there is seen, considering, will do, won´t do, etc.

this will at least give a signal to people that you are reading the forums and will make players have a general idea of what you might/will/will not do

Edited by lautalocos

Yeah our efforts on a Dev Tracker keep getting side tracked but I will check out these torment tide forums to see what's up.

nice to hear an answear from you. definetely check it out. i don´t know if it will work specially well here, considering that the numenera forums are less active that these, but checking it will make no harm

Reference title : Suggestion So That People Stop Complaining About Devs Not Reading Forums

I dont think its a case of people complaining about the devs not "reading" the forums but more so... not interacting more with the community on a regular basis & not providing relevant & beneficial information on new features when implemented & that to me is a wasted opportunity & is a cause of certain negativity.

I also feel the negativity within the forums is heightened because the devs are not more active within the very forums its members offer a multitude of feedback... relying on livestreams is clearly not enough.

I use the recent dojo update on the 9th August as a perfect example, the amount of posts/threads that it generated & still is generating to this day, with many people asking for clarification on areas that has caused concerns/frustrations, yet despite this, DE has yet to offer any response... yes im sure they read the forums, but reading & responding are two different things.

Reference title : Suggestion So That People Stop Complaining About Devs Not Reading Forums

I dont think its a case of people complaining about the devs not "reading" the forums but more so... not interacting more with the community on a regular basis & not providing relevant & beneficial information on new features when implemented & that to me is a wasted opportunity & is a cause of certain negativity.

I also feel the negativity within the forums is heightened because the devs are not more active within the very forums its members offer a multitude of feedback... relying on livestreams is clearly not enough.

I use the recent dojo update on the 9th August as a perfect example, the amount of posts/threads that it generated & still is generating to this day, with many people asking for clarification on areas that has caused concerns/frustrations, yet despite this, DE has yet to offer any response... yes im sure they read the forums, but reading & responding are two different things.

they are a very small team. i remember that one of the members of DE (i don´t remmeber the name, but he had as a pic a fish-rhino, i think) said that in the time they answear a question, they could be fixing map bugs. awsering every topic takes time.

they are a very small team. i remember that one of the members of DE (i don´t remmeber the name, but he had as a pic a fish-rhino, i think) said that in the time they answear a question, they could be fixing map bugs. awsering every topic takes time.

If that person did indeed say that, then they had used that answer as a convenient excuse.

If you offer a forum & invite your members to offer feedback then you need to be seen as acknowledging that feedback in some way. Failure to acknowledge the feedback being offered results in more negativity within the same forums. The point im trying to make is, there is a difference between complaining about the devs not reading the forums & complaining about the devs not responding within their own forums.

If that person did indeed say that, then they had used that answer as a convenient excuse.

If you offer a forum & invite your members to offer feedback then you need to be seen as acknowledging that feedback in some way. Failure to acknowledge the feedback being offered results in more negativity within the same forums. The point im trying to make is, there is a difference between complaining about the devs not reading the forums & complaining about the devs not responding within their own forums.

but think about this. one topic, it takes no time to answear. over hundreds of topics? that takes forever. in fact, that DE member, the fish-rhino, actually answears a lot of questions of the map and feedback section, because i think he is the one that takes care of fixing bugs on maps.

many times too, the devs may not know what to answear. as an example, they read some topic about changing the energy system, but thye are not sure if they like it or not. what are they supposed to answear? "i really don`t know if i like this or not"? that would only make them lose time

but think about this. one topic, it takes no time to answear. over hundreds of topics? that takes forever. in fact, that DE member, the fish-rhino, actually answears a lot of questions of the map and feedback section, because i think he is the one that takes care of fixing bugs on maps.

many times too, the devs may not know what to answear. as an example, they read some topic about changing the energy system, but thye are not sure if they like it or not. what are they supposed to answear? "i really don`t know if i like this or not"? that would only make them lose time

I agree it takes little time to reply to a single topic & i agree that DE cannot afford the time to respond to all topics... but game changing topics, feedback offered regarding major updates etc, then yes you make the time to acknowledge the feedback within your own forums & you provide the relevant information to your playerbase that all parties benefit from. What you dont do is provide a limited amount of information about something then choose not to elaborate on it when many questions are asked, as that will ultimately cause negativity, which sadly, is all i see happening within this forum.

So again i use the recent dojo update as an example...

Considering the amount of time that has elapsed since that update, DE could have offered a response or acknowledged so much feedback on that topic but they chose not too, they could have briefly addressed the dojo update in the livestreams that followed but again chose not too, despite the fact so many posts/threads were generated raising valuable points.

I had recently posted that due to the negativity within these forums i can understand why DE does not interact more with the communtiy, however, they have to accept a certain share of the blame for that negativity especially when denying their playerbase valuable information.

Would i complain about DE not reading the forums... of course not.

Would i complain about DE not providing valuable & benefical information to its playerbase... absolutely.

I agree it takes little time to reply to a single topic & i agree that DE cannot afford the time to respond to all topics... but game changing topics, feedback offered regarding major updates etc, then yes you make the time to acknowledge the feedback within your own forums & you provide the relevant information to your playerbase that all parties benefit from. What you dont do is provide a limited amount of information about something then choose not to elaborate on it when many questions are asked, as that will ultimately cause negativity, which sadly, is all i see happening within this forum.

So again i use the recent dojo update as an example...

Considering the amount of time that has elapsed since that update, DE could have offered a response or acknowledged so much feedback on that topic but they chose not too, they could have briefly addressed the dojo update in the livestreams that followed but again chose not too, despite the fact so many posts/threads were generated raising valuable points.

I had recently posted that due to the negativity within these forums i can understand why DE does not interact more with the communtiy, however, they have to accept a certain share of the blame for that negativity especially when denying their playerbase valuable information.

Would i complain about DE not reading the forums... of course not.

Would i complain about DE not providing valuable & benefical information to its playerbase... absolutely.

i do too understand that, and i think that the devs should definetely give us a lot more information.