Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love nightwave... but don't *replace* alerts.

Kingsmount

There's no reason for Nightwave to replace Alerts.  They would work very well along side one another.  The Nightwave allows you to purchase specific needs or wants,  while Alerts allow you to randomly acquire various others, and maybe even things you needed.

I cannot stress enough how horrible the cred shop feels.  Nightwave is fine I actually enjoy it (Though thanks DE, for adding literally impossible nightwaves that require max rank with solaris to do,  and hour long bs).  But the cred shop is atrocious.   The only reason you don't get more complaints about it is because A) Newest players don't know what they're missing.  B) Older players already got the things that are necessities, plus a lot of the niceties, free from alerts.   

But as a newish player I remember how Alerts worked and can directly compare and feel the burn of necessity.   I HAVE to spend wolf creds on important aura mods, nitain, and potatoes (But I've been unable to buy more than one potato because of the awful cred gain and other things eating into cred).     You could get SO MUCH of this content for free before,  now you only get 1-3 things a week, maybe even NONE because you have to save a whole week for the next week so you can have the cred by then to buy a potato finally.   Vs getting something like around 4 free nitain a day,  free helms, free aura mods,   occasional potatoes.

But now it's all tied to a harshly limited cred resource that is entirely dissatisfying even without the context of this replacing all the free alert content.

There's a simple fix to make everything feel so much better,  and that is simply don't replace alertsKeep them both side by side.  

Either that, or even in addition to that,  we need SEVERAL other ways we can earn cred,  including cred drops from fugitives as an obvious example, plus getting some amount of cred perhaps from syndicate missions (Relevant by syndicates being more public you could say, in-lore,  helping out the factions and as such building reputation, which the nightwave is kind of a megaphone for.),  I can imagine tying some amount of cred to finding syndicate tokens.   Even 1 cred per token is fair enough, likely getting around 5 cred per syndicate mission that actually happened to have token spawns.

• Like 2

I have a pretty good feeling why alerts were eliminated, and the reasoning is probably because it was too easy to obtain forma, potatoes, alt. helmets without spending platinum.  As a vet on PS4 (MR25 playing since launch) and a noob on PC, I can speak from first hand experience that nightwave is not geared towards new players.  I don't think DE will bring back the old alerts system, but here's to hoping.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ESYLD said:

I have a pretty good feeling why alerts were eliminated, and the reasoning is probably because it was too easy to obtain forma, potatoes, alt. helmets without spending platinum.  As a vet on PS4 (MR25 playing since launch) and a noob on PC, I can speak from first hand experience that nightwave is not geared towards new players.  I don't think DE will bring back the old alerts system, but here's to hoping.

I get that general impression with DE a lot lately,  that they're pushing further towards weighting the game more and more to push people to the point that we just buy/spend plat instead of playing their content...

The list of frames who's effort matches or exceeds that to just farm the plat instead keeps growing.

• Like 1

As someone who started playing 6 months ago, the reduction on the rate at which I acquire potatoes post NW is very noticeable.

With NW cred rewards being fixed at 15 per rank post 30, it feels like that rate is going down significantly when I get there too.

Maybe that's the goal: make more people resort to spending plat, and farming prime stuff for said plat if they don't want to spend money.

I think if they shouldn't bring back alerts because it is too easy to get things with alerts. BUT they need to do some adjustments to NW.

I don't mind challenges but I hate when I am forced to do challenges when I don't want to. Sadly since NW is time-limited right now, I am forced to do the challenges to get some rewards.  The challenges are fun to me but if you are forced to finish them all at once it becomes a torture. There are a lot of things to complain about NW but I think TIME-LIMITED is really the source of all problems. They could have just made it permanent but in order to get to the next episode you have to reach rank 30 in the first one. In that case, everybody can do challenges at their own pace.

Also, the cred and reward system is just broken. For newbies and casual players, it is too hard to get creds and buy stuff. For vets, the rewards are just boring.