Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember 2.0 [A New Hope]

Phoenix86

Have to note about Overheat, while it sounds awesome, it seems to be a "fire Contagion" that works on firearms. I'm assuming that you are making these reworks for other frames and as such has a plan for Saryn's contagion as well. (Personally, I think Overheat is properly placed and scaled, but Contagion needs work in the same sense)

eheheh, you over-estimate me, i'll take it as a compliment :)

Yeah that Overheat basically works like a Contagion, affecting all weapon (not only melee).

Well... if you like so i could make a rework for Saryn too... even if i dont see her in need of help so badly

I'll take my time and post it if i come up with good ideas

so...swirling fire...isn't that just overheat with a super tiny nerf + a buff to offense (melee stagger)? Pretty sure the devs said they didn't want her to have a tank role.

They did but once people have tasted overly powerful things they kind of have withdrawals when they lose it. Like people wanting old Link back on Trinity.

I'm iffy on a warframe that basicaly has two buffs. Why not just merge the two together and lower the effectiveness a little? I don't know about over heating your guns as a way to explain why they do what they do. Why not just change it to something like a firewall and have bullets that go through it deal fire damage? Unlike Volts electric shield, it doesn't block gun fire but it does deal damage to enemies that attempt to walk through it.

I'm iffy on a warframe that basicaly has two buffs. Why not just merge the two together and lower the effectiveness a little? I don't know about over heating your guns as a way to explain why they do what they do. Why not just change it to something like a firewall and have bullets that go through it deal fire damage? Unlike Volts electric shield, it doesn't block gun fire but it does deal damage to enemies that attempt to walk through it.

Because it wouldnt be portable... it would be static... and Ember is not meant to be static, furthermore it is one of the few frames that has skill that she can cast and then move around while their are active

However, as per the OP's suggestions?  I like them.  Too bad no one who needs to see this ever will.

i wouldn't be so sure of this... :)

This as been reported to Rebecca's, Megan's and Scott's eyes by myself few days ago and i also got answers... so... :)

9 would definitely be too high. I'd wait for damage 2.0 before making any huge changes to WoF as it might actually be pretty good after that. Fireball would still be useless with that change since ability damage doesn't scale as high as weapon damage. Other 2 look pretty good.

I'm sure DE will see this but I doubt they will actually make these, or any changes to ember that will fix her biggest problems as they seem to like to just tweak numbers on bad abilities rather than fix them.

Edited by merryfistmas

That solves the lack of CC and still makes her a damage focused frame, although i think Scott will not appreciate high damage reduction percentage. Good job.

I think they tried to nerf it a little, because is a mobile skill.

Meanwhile Nova...

I think fireball should have a larger AOE. 25 energy for... pretty much a single attack from a weapon, isn't really worth it. Give it a 10m +Stretch AOE and it'll be great for clearing light infested at range.

Good god man, it'll be Mag's Pull all over again except not as crazy.  

I dig your change to WOF, it really needs to target more than three enemies at a time. As a commited ember player I would love to see that change happen.  It would be immensly helpful, especially when dealing with higher level enemies.

Ember players really want a defensive ability it seems...

I don't. People that chose to play Ember because of pre-nerf Overheat don't understand what she is all about.

If her skills and fire CC worked as intended/needed she wouldn't NEED a defensive ability like Overheat (or any other) because the enemies would be too busy doing the "OH S#&$ I'M ON FIRE" animation. That or she would have a RELIABLE way to break away from opponents and flee.

As it stands now CC with Fire Blast doesn't always work (enemies will perform the animation, but continue functioning as normal) and World on Fire is not a universally good skill (only hits three enemies at once). WoF is okay for when Fire Blast actually works, and enemies gradually break away from it, but the duration is VERY small, and the casting time is VERY long, so you have to cast it BEFORE enemies are a problem, or they either run past you, or you have been (or will be) overrun. Infested will have probably stunlocked and/or knocked you down or killed you by then.

This is all just infested. If you're playing Ember against Grineer or Corpus you're usually dead before you can even deny an area with Fire Blast. This is where armor buff on Overheat was most useful. People just didn't understand this and would put Rush and Continuity on her and run & gun, making those of us that actually tried to USE her skills get a boot in the head.

And let me tell you, even with Flow and Streamline maxed, Phoenix helm on and Equilibrium halfway maxed energy can still be problematic for Ember. Creating a chokepoint with Fire Blast, catching and preventing stragglers with World on Fire/Overheat and slowing strong threats with Fireballs drops Ember's energy to nothing in no time at all.

If you choose to use a single skill and run & gun, you're playing Ember wrong IMO. The way her skills work now (and energy being problematic) there's a really gigantic limit to Ember's potential. Her skills are essentially worthless with current build on enemies after level 50 as well, so no T3 damage for you, CC only.

Problems with current build Ember are as follows (in my experience):

Slow but doesn't have innate defensive capabilities (think Rhino)

Crowd Control is still bugged (enemies get lit on fire but do not stop to flail around) resulting in "hurhur i dun care about ur fire" *slap*

Fireball is slow projectile and has almost no AoE

Entire skillset requires close proximity and focus on power damage mods, but is incredibly slow and fragile

Not all skills benefit from certain mods in meaningful ways (Stretch not effect Fire Blast for example) meaning it's choosing to improve one skill over others (inefficient mod builds)

Ember does not need armor buffs if her skillset is changed to reliably do damage and crowd control enemies. If you make a mistake you should not have a "panic" button. Nova has a portal but it will NOT save you if you make a mistake. Immediate armor AND damage buff on a caster warframe is OP. If you **** up you should die. Ember needs to have ways to prevent enemies from overrunning her, and should be able to RUN AWAY without having to put RUSH on. That's my two cents.

Edited by DavidSPD

Honestly what i think she really needs is a speed buff. There is no visual reason for her to be as slow as she is. Normally it's the tanky frames that are slow, but Ember is extremely squishy. Being as fit as she is, i would think she would be equally as fast as Ash.

I agree with new skills but World on Fire definitely does not need to hit all the targets within its range. Having it preset to 3 targets at a time is balanced since the ability lasts for 10 or so seconds....which will pretty much kill a hoard of mobs over time.

I agree with new skills but World on Fire definitely does not need to hit all the targets within its range. Having it preset to 3 targets at a time is balanced since the ability lasts for 10 or so seconds....which will pretty much kill a hoard of mobs over time.

The main problem being that there is usually little time to spare. While this skill is slowly killing the hoard, the hoard is killing Ember at a much faster rate. I definitely think WoF can use an increase to the number of targets, especially if anyone wants Ember to be at least somewhat more capable of killing enemies that are not Infested. 

The main problem being that there is usually little time to spare. While this skill is slowly killing the hoard, the hoard is killing Ember at a much faster rate. I definitely think WoF can use an increase to the number of targets, especially if anyone wants Ember to be at least somewhat more capable of killing enemies that are not Infested. 

Especially because if it targets an heavy target and doesnt kill it you basically wasted 1 of the 3 targets effectively reducing her killing power...

it must be increased no way... maybe 9 is too much, but 3 is too low

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love these ideas.

As suggested in other threads, such as; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126845-ember-suggestions/ and https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115564-embers-the-next-prime-awesome-but-is-she-ready-for-it/page-3

I would love for her abilities to be looked at. Utility or damage, either of the two. Currently playing her at high level tower/missions becomes pointless and even though I usually try to buck the fotm trends I find myself missing Nova :p

My offerings:

Fireball - AOE explosion, blast damage, low/no burn

Overheat - Damage reduction, speed increase with burning trail doing light fire damage?

Fireblast - I love this skill as is, rename to inferno and make a new fire animation (I still wanna punch the ground :D)

World on Fire - I'd say if you remove the aoe damage from Overheat, this would be decent as is, with maybe a tweak to animation. Loads more ideas for this, such as unequipping weapons and letting you free-cast fireball a lot :D But a simple tweak of Overheat will set it far enough apart.