Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag when switching to operator mode

Nerf_SupYo

I've read up a bit on this and apparently this has been a problem as long as there's been operator mode at all. Basically - regular abilities cast immediately as expected, but switching to operator mode depends on pinging to the host and back for it to work (?) so depending on how quickly that happens I could end up in operator mode void dashing or healing in invisibility, or I could be standing there in plain frame mode waiting and wondering tf is going on. This can really drag down the quality of gameplay, I know alot of players don't seem to care about operator mode so this may be a non issue for them, but I use it plenty and often, all amps all schools. 

If regular ability casting was this flakey a fix would be done and done years and months ago, why is this acceptable for a major part of the game?

Notice that thread began over a year ago.

Why hello there.

It's still a giant issue, and is the reason I don't do eidolon hunts regularly still, because it's inevitable that your control is removed from yourself and then you just get shrek'd by the eidolons attacks

18 hours ago, Gandergear said:

Why hello there.

It's still a giant issue, and is the reason I don't do eidolon hunts regularly still, because it's inevitable that your control is removed from yourself and then you just get shrek'd by the eidolons attacks

Right, I haven't run many of those in the last few months but I do remember it being a huge problem during the hunts. Anyone that's run them knows any meaningful delay between casting and the ability happening can botch it, in those you have to switch back and forth dozens of times on a moments notice.