Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Soma...just Pure...

tactical_surgeon

Supra has both the raw damage and when it does feel like going critical, does even better. Soma has to rely on crit alone since it can't back up it's low damage rating. The Supra can rely on either its high damage or it's chance of going critical, and when it does crit, it becomes overkill at that point. Which is why I prefer the Supra over the Soma, plus I like the fact that it's this heavy laser LMG.

You have a 2.5% chance to deal 150% critical damage. Using a critical build isn't viable. Have you looked at the theoretical calculations? The practical calculations just make the discrepancy more apparent.

Well, the new system will coming and probably sort it out ~ 

besides, this isn't that big of a deal unless you want to do pvp but really that's beside the point.   

-I'm here to praise the Soma for it's power - if it's too overpowered then just upscale other weapons ( which is probably best ) 

I'd be very happy if they nerfed the critical stats of the Soma down to 25%/200% or 20%/250% with a higher Mastery rank restriction and material costs. The Soma's beating out the snipers in terms of critical stats, which doesn't feel right.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

it already looks and feels like a prime. Kind of sad because weapon balance is now all messed up. Some faction weapons suck, while clan faction weapons are awesome (that's ok) Then some tenno weapons suck, and some are better than the endgame weapons, for example this SOMA

I wish it was faction weps < tenno weps < research weps < primes

The Tenno are ridiculously powerful ninjas that roflstomp through hordes of their foes.

Why would they make the 2nd weakest tier weapons in the game? That makes no freaking sense.

If anything, they ought to be just 1 tick under Primes. It should probably go like this:

Basic Mass Produced Weapons < Grineer/Infested < Corpus < Tenno < Clan < Primes

But yes, the SOMA captures the Spirit of the Tenno quite well; it is a weapon befitting a race of mass murdering bloodthirsty (according to Alad V...) elite ninja.

Soma feels amazing. Even without the silly crit modifiers, the functionality of the gun is very good. Accurate single shots, decently tight bursts, great full auto spin up. I've gotten over 90 headshots on some defense missions with it, something I can't say for any other non-sniper style weapon, and with shred/hammershot/cryo rounds it has gorgon level crowd control too against tight packs.

We'll see how DE tweaks the gun. Honestly I'm hoping nerfs are more to cost and possible RoF/clip, not the ammo efficiency of the crits. 

The supra does the same damage without crits - by adding more elements etc - it ends up being more powerful which to many is the defining factor 

Supra cannot out damage Soma against armored foes of medium rank or higher.

Armor reduces the damage from nearly all elements, with the exception of AP, making rainbow builds mostly useless.

Supra has both the raw damage and when it does feel like going critical, does even better. Soma has to rely on crit alone since it can't back up it's low damage rating. The Supra can rely on either its high damage or it's chance of going critical, and when it does crit, it becomes overkill at that point. Which is why I prefer the Supra over the Soma, plus I like the fact that it's this heavy laser LMG.

Supra is flatly less effective than Soma. There is no basis for any argument to the contrary.

Mod both to their utmost, and Soma is better than Supra in Burst DPS, sustained DPS, accuracy, and every other conceivable area. Soma is also easier to mod because it starts with two V polarities already.

Weird right, because of that a lot of the old weapons is losing their spot in the game.

Soma, the cheap cost to build compared to supra, 2 polarity, and hitscan, makes it even better than Supra, which is weirder since that thing have rank 7 requirement.

Read up on Powercreep. This game is plagued by it.