Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling and Forma no more Lv. reset

Furesis

I would like that Forma no longer resets the level of weapons and warframes instead it adds levels (like paracesis without lv.reset) and be done with polarity system (or make it it's own thing like umbra forma, but not so rare and not behind RNG), it doesn't add anything it just limits you in a bad way i feel. Whether there would be a cap for the levels or no i don't know. Re leveling just always feels like a chore but if it ADDS levels it feels more satisfying and like good progression.

So u use a forma and the level cap now is... let's say 32 but u gotta level those 2 levels from 30, makes sense right?

these are just my concepts don't come at me like "this is trash and that wouldn't work" i'm just throwing ideas and try to come up with a more fun warframe, but please do give feedback on what u like, or what you would change etc. rather than the usual negative/defensive ranting that never goes anywhere, unless u really have to.

thanks!

Had the same idea and I agree this would fell much better than the current reset mechanic. But there are things that need to be considered like mastery and how the mod slot mechanic will work (reaktors and catalysts).

31 minutes ago, MajesticPinecone said:

we already have enough power creep, adding more capacity per forma would be even more power creep.

You are implying something noone is talking about. You can shift to another system without adding power. Not that it even matters there are so many broken things in this game nobody cares about "balance" anymore.

Edited by Arcira

5 minutes ago, MajesticPinecone said:

we already have enough power creep, adding more capacity per forma would be even more power creep.

There are only so many mods you can equip. I don't see how this will make any difference compared to my current stuff? I'm only suggesting a smoother process of using a forma and cut the pointless leveling out. And like i said they could cap it. I'm just trying to find a solution that would remove the need to always re-level stuff again but at the same time not just be a thing that instantly gives power without any leveling.

So using a forma wouldn't give a choice in a new polarity. It would only raise the level cap to a point. So maybe just remove polaritys altogether?

And yes power creep exists in this game but this would not affect it. That is a core game issue with the games damage, enemy resistances and scaling etc.

This bothers me and like i said i'm just throwing loose ideas here to maybe find a better solutions to leveling forma'd items.

4 minutes ago, Arcira said:

Had the same idea and I agree this would fell much better than the current reset mechanic. But there are things that need to be considered like mastery and how the mod slot mechanic will work (reaktors and catalysts).

You are implying something noone is talking about. You can shift to another system without adding power. Not that it even matters there are so many broken things in this game nobody cares about "balance" anymore.

well that would be up for them to decide if this would be something they would ever do. crazy idea would be that catalyst ADDS a mod slot but the safe way would be to just make them act like how to they act now, so just double capacity (so 60 and forma adds from there). Like you said many other small things to consider but i don't feel like thinking about them in detail on text form on a forum where they may or may not even see this. I'm just throwing ideas here. If they ever consider this? then i would think about the details, but now it just would feel like a waste of time and energy