Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity gain on PS4

(PSN)Hioksiu

Question

Swazdo lah, Killers

I mainly maxing my stuff on hydron, with booster so it should take around 10 waves for weapon and 20 for frame but recently I noticed that It takes much longer(35 waves with Booster for frame). Checked it on different loadouts but nothing changed. Im the only one with this problem?

PS I had only melee with me

2 answers to this question

Affinity Sharing:

Here is a simple example: 
An enemy gives 1000 Affinity.
  • If you kill it with one of our Warframe abilities all of the Affinity will be going towards your frame and no weapon will get any.
  • If you kill it with your primary weapon the Affinity will be split 50/50 between your primary and your frame. So 500 Affinity going to your primary and 500 going to your frame. The secondary and the melee weapon won't get any Affinity. This works for the use with other categories respectively. You can't level your Lato when you only use your MK1-Paris
  • The Affinity you get from other players is distributed differently. As long as you are near your squadmates (below 50 meter, shown as a buff**) you get shared Affinity. These Affinity are split to always 25% going towards your frame and 75% evenly split going towards your weapons (plural)

Now it is important how many weapons we have taken into the mission.

• If we have all 3 weapons equipped each one gets 25% of the Affinity. Taken our example from above: 250 Affinity for the frame and 250 for each weapon
  • If we only have 2 weapons equipped each weapons gets 37,5%. Example: 250 Affinity for the frame and 375 Affinity each weapon
  • Only equipping one weapon nets us then 250 Affinity for the frame and 750 Affinity for our weapon

Maybe you run away too far or you kill too much with your frame

Having only a melee weapon doesn't help you to level your frame faster.  If you're relying on shared affinity, you only get 25% of it to your frame.  You'd be better off equipping weapons that can help you kill more enemies since your frame receives 50% of your weapon kills as affinity.