Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Advice

Blasphemous13

Question

Hi. I am new  when it come to rivens. I just got a riven and am wondering if it is worth upgrading or if i should cycle it and hope for the best.

Opticor Toxi-visicron

185.4 % Damage

102.2% Toxin

159.6% Critical Chance

-35.6% Damage to Corpus

These would be the stats if i kept it and upgraded it.

Thanks

Edited by Blasphemous13

8 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Blasphemous13 said:

Opticor Toxi-visicron

185.4 % Damage

102.2% Toxin

159.6% Critical Chance

-35.6% Damage to Corpus

These stats are amazing for an opticor riven. Not GOD TIER, but an opticor doesn't NEED "God Tier" to wreck level 100 Raptor's or Ambulas's's's!

So I would say no, do not waste your kuva. 

As for the -damage to corpus, who cares - trash corpus units (osprey, bursa, techs, moas, etc) all die by breathing hard in their direction. ESPECIALLY with a hurricane of lungs that is the opticor. 

And remember, if you DO decide to cycle it, you can always pick the stats that it started with before you clicked cycle riven. You get to choose between "new stats" or "keep as is".

• Like 1

Oh yeah, 

Also, any riven that you are going to USE should be ranked to max with endo - I had a feeling this might be part of your question. 7,000 endo is a lot, and the weapon usually requires several forma to fit a max rank riven, but it is worth it.

Edited by Kryogeneva

Thanks for the replies. I have a small hoard of endo so i am thinking i'll just upgrade it. I am just glad I happened to use the opticor when i unlocked this thing. I had no idea  that I needed to equip the weapon, slot the mod, to the mission then the riven would be for the weapon i had equipped. I could have inadvertently  gone in to the mission with some horrible weapon. )

hace 50 minutos, Blasphemous13 dijo:

Thanks for the replies. I have a small hoard of endo so i am thinking i'll just upgrade it. I am just glad I happened to use the opticor when i unlocked this thing. I had no idea  that I needed to equip the weapon, slot the mod, to the mission then the riven would be for the weapon i had equipped. I could have inadvertently  gone in to the mission with some horrible weapon. )

That's not how it works, you got lucky and got a good Riven for a good weapon, coincidentally it was also the weapon you had equipped.

I wish it did though, I wouldn't have so many for weapons I don't even like.

Yeah, you equip them in a weapon of the same category (Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Melee, Archgun) they unveil as a Riven for a random weapon of that category. Required MR, polarity and stats are randomly selected too. Stats can be rerolled (and you get to choose whether you keep the new stats or the old, as already mentioned).

Modular weapon Rivens (Kitgun and Zaw) are subcategories and can be equipped on a weapon of their main category for unveiling.