Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy conversion no longer working for wisp

LazyBunnyKiera

Energy conversion no longer works for wisp, when pax bolt on a weapon is equipped, regardless of whether or not pax bolt's buff is active or the weapon is in hand.

If i drop a vitality mote i get a health buff of (62) and if i have energy conversion it's supposed to be 77. Yet it consumes the energy conversion and spawns a 62 vitality mote.

On 2019-05-23 at 8:10 AM, LazyBunnyKiera said:

Energy conversion no longer works for wisp, when pax bolt on a weapon is equipped, regardless of whether or not pax bolt's buff is active or the weapon is in hand.

If i drop a vitality mote i get a health buff of (62) and if i have energy conversion it's supposed to be 77. Yet it consumes the energy conversion and spawns a 62 vitality mote.

energy conversion just doesn't work for me at all  (I don't use Pax). The charge gets consumed but reservoir buffs remain unaffected

I figured out how it works, but it's VERY bad. They changed it with a hotfix. And they need to fix it again.

Before, energy conversion effected the buff when you dropped a mote. So everyone would get the enhanced mote's value.
Now, the energy conversion is not taken into consideration at all when you drop a mote, but is consumed. So you don't get an enhancement from it.

Instead, if you WAIT until your motes buffs wear off, while you have ANOTHER energy conversion buff on you, and walk into your mote getting another buff, THEN you'll get the enhanced mote. So you have to get energy conversion, And then you have to get pax bolt, and then walk through your mote to get maximum mote buff. And you have to do this while not already have a mote on you. Since stronger motes don't replace weaker ones.

Your teammates will always get un-enhanced motes from what i can tell. So it's not worth using any sort of energy conversion or pax-bolt on wisp for use with her motes. Still effective for her #4. But because these two things don't work with her motes. Wisp has no place in my primary warframe rotation. IE she just isn't good enough. I have a dozen other frames that can do what she can but better, and is better suited for a particular mission.

I have better buff frames, i have better stealth frames, better travel frames, better damage enhancement frames, and better directional damage frames. And i have frames that can do 2 or 3 of those things, and can fit better in a mission that wisp would be considered for.

On 2019-05-25 at 6:54 PM, LazyBunnyKiera said:

I figured out how it works, but it's VERY bad. They changed it with a hotfix. And they need to fix it again.

Before, energy conversion effected the buff when you dropped a mote. So everyone would get the enhanced mote's value.
Now, the energy conversion is not taken into consideration at all when you drop a mote, but is consumed. So you don't get an enhancement from it.

Instead, if you WAIT until your motes buffs wear off, while you have ANOTHER energy conversion buff on you, and walk into your mote getting another buff, THEN you'll get the enhanced mote. So you have to get energy conversion, And then you have to get pax bolt, and then walk through your mote to get maximum mote buff. And you have to do this while not already have a mote on you. Since stronger motes don't replace weaker ones.

Your teammates will always get un-enhanced motes from what i can tell. So it's not worth using any sort of energy conversion or pax-bolt on wisp for use with her motes. Still effective for her #4. But because these two things don't work with her motes. Wisp has no place in my primary warframe rotation. IE she just isn't good enough. I have a dozen other frames that can do what she can but better, and is better suited for a particular mission.

I have better buff frames, i have better stealth frames, better travel frames, better damage enhancement frames, and better directional damage frames. And i have frames that can do 2 or 3 of those things, and can fit better in a mission that wisp would be considered for.

I hope this is a bug that came from the hotfix and not intended because it's pointless and a terrible decision. I'm gonna hope it's a bug that needs to be addressed in another hotfix. 

The Energy Conversion-Buff is not consumed when placing a mote. Other Cycle-Abilities consume the buff and also raise the STR on cast. Mote doesn't

The whole idea behind stacking ability strength is, so that you buffs can have bigger effects. If, due to "balancing issues", Pax Bolt and Energy Conversion are excluded, then the reservoir kinda needs a little bit of numbertweaking imo

This also applies to growing power. So i have to totally alter my wisp build. Since they changed her after the inital release since the day 1 wisp, the energy conversion/pax bolt/ growing power, would affect the mote strength when placed. Not when you got the mote buff.
Timing all 3 together is hard enough as it is. But timing all 3 every time you need to grab your motes, not place, but grab them. Is just plain annoying.

They need to make it so if a mote's strength is boosted by some mod or ability, it doesn't reduce back down. so it can go up, but not down.

Agree that the current +AbilityStrength abilities/mods act really weird with Wisp. Base Strength at the time the reservoir buffs are applied is what is used to determine the final buff stats. Only way to reset this is to let the buffs drop off naturally or jump down a void hole (or outside the area) to clear your buffs.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but it's certainly a wonky implementation.

When Energy Conversion / Growing Power / Pax Bolt are applied (all at once) and any warframe runs through a reservoir, this +strength buff will stay while duration is active (even if these +Ability buffs are no longer active on Wisp). The duration can be reapplied with the strengthened values as long as they run through any corresponding reservoir.

This can also result in some crazy stats in void relic missions when the Void Buff (doubles ability strength) is applied to the warframe (plus every other buff). Base stats on my Wisp during this mission were 300 Health and 373% Power Strength (counting the additional 50% + 25% from Energy Conversion and Growing Power). Normally the stat bonuses (with buffs) would be around half of what's in this screenshot (74% Haste, 112 Health/sec).

QpUWca2.png

Again, these buffs can only be applied if the previous reservoir buffs drop off and EC / Growing Power aren't consumed. These buffs also stay applied to the warframe for as long as the duration is refreshed, in any corresponding reservoir.

But what if you have an Equinox or Nidus in your group? Same issue. You'll have to clear your current buffs in order to apply the newer values.

Proposed Fix action: Reservoir buffs are "set" when the reservoir is cast (and overwrites any current weaker values that are on a Warframe). These buff values are set based on Wisp's current base strength at the time of casting and do not change if Wisp's base strength goes up/down. These values would be static and not change after the cast (the same as similar cast abilities like Frost's Snow globe).