Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just a few of my suggestions

ZeroBladeTV

As a new player I was enthralled by the atmosphere and style of the game. The art style is amazing, the level design is unique, the gameplay is interesting and somewhat varied. However soon after starting to play, my amazement was diminished almost to nonexistent by the numerous bugs, lack of information and pure annoyance and rage, due to the unimaginable grind. The following are my suggestions on how to make the game more enjoyable and overall better for everyone, based on my time spent playing. Of course, these are my personal opinions based on my interests in games, so not everyone might agree, but I believe most of them will be a positive change for the game.

1. This game needs a thorough and detailed tutorial. The first reason, as a new player, to stop playing and not have a desire to continue was the lack of explanation about almost everything. I believe a game should entice and entangle from the start to finish, should teach you how to play and make you a master at it all on it's own. One should not be forced to close the game and open the wiki to learn how to play. I've probably spent around 1/3 of my time with Warframe on the wiki, reading how to do something, where to find something or how it works.
  2. Bugs need to be fixed with a high priority. I have no idea how major game breaking bugs, like the exalted weapon bug, the locked green doors or randomly invincible enemies or bosses, are left unfixed for so long. Searching for a fix to the exalted weapon bug on the net, I found threads reporting it back to 2013. That's 6 years the bug has been known to exist. And it still does. Not only that, now it started to happen even on frames that don't actually have an exalted weapon (ex: happened on Vauban for me). Performance before beauty should be more important.
  3. Host migrations. Enter a game, get migration because host didn't like the team comp, wait, get another migration because new host got disconnected, wait, get third migration because it turned out a door got bugged and you couldn't progress. And after you leave the loop continues on the new players that join. Or join a game, host leaves because nobody carries him, than the second leaves for the same reason, than the third. The second most infuriating problem in the whole game is migrations. Just move squad hosting to server, instead of p2p. This will fix a lot of migration frustrations and at the same time high or unstable ping hosts.
  4. A reason to explore. The game has amazing level and art design, what it lacks is a reason to explore that. From all the hidden nooks and rooms, and tunnels, there is no reason to find them and explore them. You get nothing from it. Just more useless barrels to break or chests to open. Put something to incentivize players to actively search for those rooms. Like the remastered Jupiter secret rooms (although the mods are currently bugged and don't drop -_-), put a chance for good stuff to spawn in other secret rooms. Otherwise it's just more speedrunning missions, ignoring all the beautiful art and design.
  5. More ninja stuff! Afaik, this is supposed to be cool space ninja game? But the only ninja thing in the game is the spy missions. Now I know a lot of people don't like spy mission, because you can't just run through them and kill everything, but I would love to have more ninja missions, more covert objectives, alongside the full blown run and gun missions. Hell, I would love to have a ninja boss, that you defeat by doing ninja objectives, rather that just shoot.
  6. RNG. It's been said a thousand times and will be discussed atleast that much more. I understand the RNG aspect of the game and I definitely don't want to be handed over the stuff for free. I like an enjoyable grind. However the RNG in Warframe is exactly the opposite. I've spent a full week of grinding daily, around 12 hours a day, to get a single Nidus chassis. That was not fun. Never will be. There isn't an easy fix for this - maybe we can get a % buff on getting the missing part the more quantity of other parts we have? (ex: you get 1% increased chance to get part bp, per other part bps you own. So you have 7 neuroptics bps and 9 systems bps - that is 16% better chance to get chassis per run).
  7. Arbitrations. Currently arbitrations are awful, imho. The only one worth doing is excavation, since it won't take all of the time in the world to get a decent reward. But wasting a full hour of time to get 6 vitus and some endo is pointless, when you can get twice as much for half the time in excavation arbitration. I like the idea of it, but it's current state is w8 for excav, do arb. I would say, to make the other modes worth it, return them to normal length, instead of double, and only leave the excavation mode on double excavators. Since an excavator in arbitration takes 3 minutes to finish, two will be done in 6 minutes. That's roughly the same as a normal round endless. Either Lower the excavators to 2:30, so it equals the other modes, or increase the length of the other modes to equal 6 minutes. Again, I do not want the mode to be made easy, just for all modes to be equal in prize and worth the time.
  8. OHKO. Never liked 1 hit kill mechanics and never will. They are annoying, useless, and a false 'difficulty'. And when you get a release of an unpolished boss fight, you get an entire team wiped in a cutscene. A better way, I would say, is to have a % ehp damage, instead. This deals more damage to frames with bigger ehp and less damage to frames with less ehp, but at least it's not frustrating and annoying.
  9. Knockdown. It's seriously one of the worst mechanics in game. It should be in game, but in a very different way. Currently, if you get between a few ancients, you can pretty much get knockdown locked, since their 'harpoon' attack is instant, the moment they have a clear visibility towards you. No matter if they have their back towards you, if you're moving, if you try to disrupt it with shots, nothing stops it. I know there are knockdown resistance mods, but they don't stop the harpoon from locking you into a fixed pull move. And a few ancients can just constantly harpoon you between one another.
  10. Bullet sponge bosses, immune to WF skills. Need I say more? We saw what happened with Wolf. We already have nullifiers and disruptors and a thousand other units that have WF skill disruption, but a unit that is completely immune to WF skills turns the game into a shooter. And I know I'm not here for just a shooter, it was supposed to be cool space ninjas, right? Not another S#&$ty shooter. And after wolf, now we have the same, except with demolysts. Bullet sponge + cc immunity does not difficulty make, only annoyance and rage. That said, I understand that some WF skills can literally negate a full boss, so why not just have them affect bosses with lowered efficiency? (ex: Ash Teleport was able to ohko Wolf, before it was patched. Instead make it work, but instead of 1 hit kill, make it do something like 5% hp dmg)
  11. Endgame content. I was too late to catch the raids, to see what they were like. But the game definitely needs some kind of endgame activities. Now, that I have all prime frames and almost all items mastered, I find no reason to play, other than the daily Sortie or an excavation arbitration, when there is one. The game will benefit greatly from having more fights similar to eidolon, flydolon, exploiter, that has interesting mechanics, but drops items that are constantly in demand, not only frame parts, that after you got the frame you have no need to fight that boss any more.

If these things get fixed, especially the bugs, the game will be quite a lot more enjoyable, imo.

Edited by z3roblade

1. They are always tweaking new player experience. There are tutorials in the game and they are working in it.

2. There will always be bugs, sometimes the game doesn't run the same on all PCs so it may take some time to squash them all. But if the hotties show they do work on them.

3. Nothing can be done about host migrations unless you recruit a squad. 

4. A reason to explore is to maximize how much loot you get per mission. The Orb Vallis has lots of secrets that if you explore you can find.

5. This is an action game at heart so it can be a little tricky to do that, but if you checked out the recent dev stream they are doing a lot more ninja action moves.

6. I mean, it is a free to play game, they have done quite a bit but they can't give everything away.

7. Arbitrations are supposed to be difficult and end game. I think this is a nice balance.

8. You're a ninja, dodge. Lol

9. Then you need to build a little different for those types of battles.

10. Looter shooters all have bullet sponge bosses. Again if you build right it's not as bad.

11. As in any game you'll eventually run out of things to do. That's why I like to play other games as well as Warframe to help keep it fresh.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

4. A reason to explore is to maximize how much loot you get per mission. The Orb Vallis has lots of secrets that if you explore you can find.

7. Arbitrations are supposed to be difficult and end game. I think this is a nice balance.

8. You're a ninja, dodge. Lol

9. Then you need to build a little different for those types of battles.

10. Looter shooters all have bullet sponge bosses. Again if you build right it's not as bad.

4. What loot? That's the problem, there's no loot. One can have more than enough scrap and poly and plates and other similar resources just by speedrunning levels. That's not loot, that's construction materials.

7. You missed the whole point on Arbi. It's not about difficulty.

8. I guess you didn't get the flydolon bugs that much.

9. You missed this point also. It's not about builds.

10. And you missed the point about bullet sponges. It's not about the quantity of HP the bosses get, it's about them being boring with little to no mechanics.

And a few more suggestions:

Fix enemy damage scaling - got 1 shot with a 5,7k hp inaros, with almost 1,3k armor, by a level 100-110 enemy. Riiiight... Only happened once, but still. A lot of other players confirmed there is something weird with scaling atm.

Remove de-ranking in syndicates - just found out I wasted all my medallions since one of my syndicates was de-ranked while trading in other medallions before that. It's incredibly annoying to derank already maxed syndicates.

Add more sound options - you know how nobody hears that sound notification when messaged? Move it to a separate sound slider, don't just keep it under sound fx, where every other sound resides. It would be a lot better if we had attack sounds on a different slider as well.

Focus - remove the pickup, needed to acquire focus, instead let us get focus at all times when a lens is equipped. Ofc just lower the overall focus that is given.

Edited by z3roblade

8 minutes ago, DavidCurser said:

You just described all of the game. If you really wanna change all of that, you get a different game, really.

Interesting point, I've seen more and more players taking your advice due to the aforementioned suggestions not being taken into account.

However, irrelevant.

I mean you got interesting points and the game could use some of those changes. and youre not wrong to critisise every aspect of the game. but if all of those aspects are bugging you, you might as well just look for another game, yknow?