Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Archgun won't Deploy, Profit Taker Fight is a Nightmare

So I was doing a Profit Taker fight just now and had multiple issues with deploying the archgun. There was a 3 minute cool down on the gun after putting it away, which is a ridiculous waste of time in and of itself, but after waiting those 3 minutes I was still not able to deploy the archgun. I tried ten times before trying the 'fix' that people do when an Eidolon fight is bugging out, fly into a lake. I was able to deploy an archgun finally after doing so, but I was carrying the team on my back until then and everyone else was dead with no revives. I ran out of time to kill it when the archgun ran out of ammo almost right after deploying it again making me wait another 3 minutes! I don't mind the profit taker fight overall as much as some other players, but the archgun is far too inconvenient and buggy to make the fight anything but a nightmare.

12 hours ago, (PS4)TheLastPillar said:

There was a 3 minute cool down on the gun after putting it away, which is a ridiculous waste of time in and of itself...

From the wiki:

The Archgun Deployer has a cooldown that ranges between 0 to 5 minutes, depending on the amount of ammo expended upon usage. For example, if a player exhausts 100% of the ammo, the cooldown of the gear item will be 5 minutes long. But if a player exhausts about 50% of their ammo, the gear's cooldown will be cut by half, which is 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Picking up a Heavy Weapon Ammo pickup will restore all ammo to the Arch-gun, resetting the weapon's cooldown. The ammo pack is occasionally dropped by heavy units such as Bombards, Heavy Gunners, Napalms, Tech, Fusion MOAs, Oxium Ospreys, Ancient Healers, Ancient Disruptors, Toxic Ancients, Corrupted Ancients, and Corrupted Bombards; and are guaranteed to drop from Terra Manker.

So, the cooldown is not a bug.

Once the cooldown has passed, however, you should be able to deploy.  So, the archgun not deploying does sound like a bug.

7 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

So, the cooldown is not a bug.

Yeah I figured as much, just complaining about it being a waste of time in general, not calling that a bug per se. That being said, I do believe I was encountering a bug once the timer hit zero and I was still unable to deploy.