Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading System

P2W_Tenno

Here is an idea for a trading system within the game. 

In order to gain the ability to trade you would have to pay a certain amount of platinum to add people to your 'trading list' under contacts. This would allow you to trade with trusted players and friends within the game. Items that could be traded are void keys, mods, weapons (that reset to rank 0 and lose their Orokin Catalyst), but not prime weapons. 

Any feedback or suggestions is much appreciated. 

This would restrict trading to paying players only......

Not sure if I like the idea or want to reject it. It fits into the "pay2winfaster" theme, but at the same time, makes the trading for paying players very restricted, and might make DE look greedy.

"You want a mod from your friend? You have to pay us directly first!"

This would restrict trading to paying players only......

Not sure if I like the idea or want to reject it. It fits into the "pay2winfaster" theme, but at the same time, makes the trading for paying players very restricted, and might make DE look greedy.

"You want a mod from your friend? You have to pay us directly first!"

Good point. Okay lets say you start out with a 5 person limit to said "Trade List" and then have to pay to expand said "Trade List". Regardless, I think that a trade list is smart, it will keep people you don't know from cheating and/or screwing people over.

dude i am a long term player of warframe ( almost 400 hours), i have been able to buy platinum once, when i was lucky enough to go to america, apart from the were i live i cant buy platinum and neither can any of my friends because of 'geographical restrictions' our card wont be accepted, so the whole pay a certain amount of platinum idea irks me very much and i dont like it.

though i do like the trade list though, but i would prefer if you can start with 10 people you can trade with and would have to pay plat or 100,000+ credits to unlock another spot

Edited by Z-Sync

pay to trade? No just no, have you ever considered the non paying players? 

rather than having a limit or to trade using plats why not exchange mod

lets say you can only trade a rare with another rare/ you can only trade uncommon with another uncommon.

the trade would be done if both players likes what the other is offering.

There is a similar concept to this in another MMO (Phantasy Online 2 for the curious) and only available in Japan.  Hefty workarounds (and fees) allow non-Japanese people to actually be able to pay real money for cash shop currency.

The lack of player trading puts a heavy emphasis on teamwork and farming as a team.  However, the lack of an in-game economy puts players at the (near complete) mercy of RNG to acquire items.  Unlike this game, you can't flat out buy end-game stuff for premium currency and you have to actually earn it.  The game is PURE co-op with absolutely no dueling or PvP.  Nobody there seems to mind.

There are good and bad parts of player trade.

Star Trek Online (STO) has player trading and a fully-realized player-run auction house and player-exchange to trade Dilithium (premium in-game currency earned easily by players of all levels through daily activities) for cash shop currency.  Despite that, it still doesn't have RMT issues at all.  It isn't as if PWE is going out of their way to block spammers, but just that RMT doesn't see much money in a non-fantasy setting.

All that being said, allowing player trade would be fantastic, but must be limited to prevent abuse.

I believe there can be two types of 'trade'.

-A system similar to STO where clan members can directly donate materials into a shared pool which can then be spent by authorized members of the clan to go towards dojo projects without the need for a seperate 'bank' or manually keepint track of who donated what.

-A system where players (clan members or otherwise) can directly sell mods, orokin items, and materials to other players for credits or to trade for similar items.  This would almost mandate the necessity of a player-run centralized market to facilitate these transactions when people aren't online.  The devs could also choose to just have everything done through the market and not allow direct player trade at all outside of dojos.

Due to the RNG-heavy nature of drops, allowing direct or indirect player trade is in the best interest of the devs.

It would be a wise decision to do so and it would facilitate greater engagement in and investment in this WarFrame universe that they've built.

Restricting this trade to materials and credits while excluding BPs and certain other items would still require some farming but it would be far less painful to do so.

Edited by Xenrax