Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas city rework and searching for caches and syndicate tokens.

Nneevor

Reworked gas city tileset may require a rethink of cache searching mechanics.

In other tilesets, placement of caches is fairly consistent with the range of audio cue they produce, and with a headphones and a bit of experience its easy to search for them just by the sound while dealing with primary objective. 

In current gas city spacing between some of the rooms (especially around the "open to outside/broken catwalks" type) and height of some of the enclosed rooms places cache spawn points far outside any reasonable player perception range, forcing players to ignore primary mission objective and specifically go out of their way to search. 

This problem also exists in other tilesets, but is usually limited to one or two specific rooms per tileset. In gas city it is possible in almost every room that isnt straight, flat corridor. 

The changes to level design and visuals are welcome, but they should bring along modifications to all dependent mechanics. If spacing of areas increases, so should ranges of informations provided to players about various preexisiting features, or they'll just get lost in the background. 

In current situation caches in gas city should be given larger area they're audible from (at least three, if not four times of the current one), or at least receive dedicated minimap icon (like various collectibles). 

I haven't played syndicate mission on Jupiter yet, but if the token spawn points are still tied with caches, then i expect the search to be horrible experience, given theres 8 of them and they're silent and tiny. 

On 2019-05-29 at 1:56 PM, Nneevor said:

In other tilesets, placement of caches is fairly consistent with the range of audio cue they produce, and with a headphones and a bit of experience its easy to search for them just by the sound while dealing with primary objective. 

funny enough, i play warframe muted 90% of the time (lua rescue and new contend are the exceptions) and i can't remember every playing a syndicate mission with sound active... sure, i know about the sound of the tokens, but using the right mods and maybe also the right frame and/or weapons to hunt the medalions down is far more than enough imo.

although, the devs sure should re-think the general crate placements in the gas city because i saw many of them spawned in floors and walls (and no, not those behind the 'secret' doors and areas that can be reaced by parkouring)... but than again, the same goes for a lot of areas in the orb valis too - and those are still not 'fixed'... not to much a problem is one can break them regardless and then vacuum the contend in, but annoying if the contend is an ayatan start that need to be picked up or worse, a medalion.